S Fla speed bump 10' 400lbs with teeth

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
Its not even breeding season, and this guy came out to say hello:D He was about 5 miles from here. Killed a scorpian at my place the other day to:eek:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-401gatornabbed,0,338400.story
Link has vid
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2008
    Wow that was a big gator. I remember years ago when I was living in S FL my apartment back up to a lake. I walked outside one morning for a smoke and there was a 8ft gator sunning himself on the lawn less then 6ft from me. It woke me up real quick.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited April 2008
    Thats one thing I could never get used to down there.Funny though,I have been to florida many times and always wonder why people who live near water.....have friggin' swing sets like 50 ft away from the water.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited April 2008
    tonyb wrote: »
    Thats one thing I could never get used to down there.Funny though,I have been to florida many times and always wonder why people who live near water.....have friggin' swing sets like 50 ft away from the water.

My parents live on a lake and every once in a while we see a gator. We live out west and very close to the everglades. One morning a neighbor found a 9ft. gator in his pool. It bit the side of the pool on its way out. I found a duck in my pool yesterday, it was having a conversation with my bulldog who was tanning near the pool. I woner what they were talking about, probably world domination.
    Venom
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2008
    Didn't know they 'destroyed' gators over 5'
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2008
    I can't believe I used to have to catch those things!:eek:
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • ben62670
    edited April 2008
    I can't believe I used to have to catch those things!:eek:

I was wondering about that. Do they whisper that part under their breath during job description:D

The Gators don't scare me much, its the brown recluses, and scorpions that do.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited April 2008
    Gators make nice belts, boots and such.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ben62670
    edited April 2008
    F1nut wrote: »
    Gators make nice belts, boots and such.

The tails are tasty too:)
    Thanks
    Ben
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited April 2008
    Yep, taste like chicken. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2008
    Love gator tail
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited April 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    The tails are tasty too:)

I would never kill a gator just for fun...they are cool animals, but I damn sure would like to try one for dinner. I've had rattlesnake , bet its pretty close.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I was wondering about that. Do they whisper that part under their breath during job description:D

The Gators don't scare me much, its the brown recluses, and scorpions that do.

I was a Fish and Game officer briefly before my current gig and yes.... We were trained and had to catch those suckers.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • ben62670
    edited April 2008
    I would never kill a gator just for fun...they are cool animals, but I damn sure would like to try one for dinner. I've had rattlesnake , bet its pretty close.

Dude there are way to many down here. They need to be a little more lenient on hunting season. I always wanted to try bow hunting them, or use my 44. If ya make it down here in November on a sunny day take a ride down 75, or 27. You will see so many of these suckers its crazy.
    Thanks
    Ben