Top Gear Test Drives A Bugatti Veyron, Again

Face
Face Posts: 14,340
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OitL2Nma0Xo&rel=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OitL2Nma0Xo&rel=0&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
Post edited by Face on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2008
    370fps! 250-0 in ten seconds! I'm glad I don't have one.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2008
    That's my work car.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited April 2008
    Where do you put your golf clubs?
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2008
    If I was driving you would be shaking to hard to play golf:D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2008
    If I worked for Top Gear or the like, I'd be test driving one of those every other episode!
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2008
    I would love to drive that car just once.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited April 2008
    That was the last project for Ferdinand Piech before he got the boot at Volkswagen. His vision was a NO compromise super car. PERIOD!

An absolute engineering marvel and nightmare all at the same time.

I would love to own one. Well, perhaps to drive one.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    edited April 2008
    The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 is a mid-engine sports car produced by Volkswagen AG subsidiary Bugatti Automobiles SAS introduced in 2005. It is the quickest accelerating and decelerating road-legal production car in the world, and it was the world's fastest road-legal production car until it was beaten by the SSC Ultimate Aero TT in 2007. Powered by a 1,001 PS (987 hp/736 kW) W16 engine,[2] it is able to achieve an average top speed of 408.47 km/h (253.81 mph).[3] The car reached full production in September 2005, and is handcrafted in a factory Volkswagen built near the former Bugatti headquarters in Ch
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    edited April 2008
    Power

According to Volkswagen (and approved by T
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited April 2008
    Nice, I still prefer the Sledgehammer, it goes 1 mph faster :).
  • SBrown712
    SBrown712 Posts: 202
    edited April 2008
    I couldn't afford a tune up on one of those things let alone the insurance.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited April 2008
    That is one wild car. If I owned something like that when I was younger, I'd be dead now.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°