FS: Shanling CDT100A with skipping issues

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,575
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
Sorry for the post...

Im going to think about this...

I like my CDP to much and Im just having some late night blues about it...

Sorry
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2008
    Wow that is one serious looking piece of gear!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • VR3
    edited April 2008
    The thing kicks so much ****. Its not even funny.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ben62670
    edited April 2008
    First time I have seen one, and I am very impressed to say the least.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • VR3
    edited April 2008
    Thing is made of solid aluminum all the way around...

Player weighs in right about 20 pounds. It is no light weight.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2008
    I'm not worthy:( Good luck with the sale.
  • VR3
    edited April 2008
    Im going to think about this...

Late night blues about my CDP :(
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited April 2008
    Quit being a dick, send it in for repair.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2008
    F1nut wrote: »

Let's not sugarcoat it
  • ben62670
    edited April 2008

I was thinking ****:eek:
    Sorry Trey:p

Get it fixed man
    Thanks
    Ben
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited April 2008

I agree, if you just sent it in when you first complained about it you probably would have had it back already, or damn near close to it. Just send the silly thing in.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,714
    edited April 2008
    I'm telling you, those Philips laser transports are the EASIEST things to change! You'd have to solder 4 wires at most. That would give you new spindle motor, new servo motor, new laser diode, etc. All for about 35 clams. Don't you have anybody near you who isn't afraid to dig into a piece of gear?
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited April 2008
    Go ahead and sell the Shanling, Sid. It's just another piece of gear. We all know what you're doing -- you're looking for an excuse to try another CDP, aren't you? That's cool. Get a Raysonic.

But before you sell it, take bill's advice.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2008
    I agree with Brad. He's wanting to try something new, and the "skips" only justified that decision.

I'm the same way. If something even hiccups, it's out the door. . . even if it's not malfunctioning, per se, I find myself listening to hear a problem instead of listening to the music. Not the way to enjoy gear.

Is it under warranty? I'd either get it repaired, or replace the laser unit and sell as "modified." Probably get even more for it.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited April 2008
    daboyz wrote: »
    Let's not sugarcoat it

LOL!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • VR3
    edited April 2008
    I actually don't want to try something new... lol

I was looking at all the other players out there and was going...

God, those are so boring! haha

The Shanling stuff is soooo cool.

I want the big daddy CDT1500 or CD1500

That looks like a tank.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2008
    OMG! that's all i have to say.... if every time I got rid of a piece of gear that skipped or stopped working becasue of a $30 part. i'd rather just shoot myself.

do what you want. but you've already said there is nothing close to the sound or coolness of the Shanling.. and you want to ditch it because it skips??

that's like getting rid of your truck because you got a flat tire :confused:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2008
    Al, it's no longer about the music for Trey, it's all about the gear.

Sad, really.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • AndyGwis
    edited April 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Al, it's no longer about the music for Trey, it's all about the gear.

Sad, really.

I must be the saddest sob story ever, then. I'm a total gear head. I don't even like music. . . all about shiny aluminum, amps, watts, big price tags, and status for me.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2008
    You are a disease Andy, plain and simple.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    edited April 2008
    Yes...

It is all about the gear.

So much about the gear...

That in the last 5 months...

I have sold my subs, bought over 35 CD's and not bought a single piece.

You know me Soooo well.
  • Early B.
    edited April 2008

I was looking at all the other players out there and was going...

God, those are so boring! haha

The Shanling stuff is soooo cool.

That looks like a tank.

Are you contradicting yourself, Sid?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• AndyGwis
    edited April 2008
    I have sold my subs, bought over 35 CD's and not bought a single piece.

In contrast, I have probably bought 15 new pieces of gear (and about 5 new CDs / albums) in the past 2 months. I did get the new Raconteurs album. . . different, but good. . .even though I really don't like music, per se.

Brad - To be fair, if Trey is saying he wants to move up the Shanling line, I think that is different than wanting to try something new. . . in a way he wants to have the same thing, only a little better :)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2008
    Stop.

Now you are double spacing all your threads just like Trey.

It gets really annoying.

You know?
  • VR3
    edited April 2008
    Early B. wrote: »
    Are you contradicting yourself, Sid?

The day I spend 3k on a CDP shoot me!
  • AndyGwis
    edited April 2008
    Russ. . .

what. . .

are. . .

you. . .

talking. . .

about. . .

???
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Stop.

Now you are double spacing all your threads just like Trey.

It gets really annoying.

You know?
    I never realized how much easier it is to read double spaced.

Thanks for the heads up.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2008
    The day I spend 3k on a CDP shoot me!

Its not buying a three grand player that is a problem, but more why someone wants a peice at that level Sid. Although I would agree with your that is too much for you to spend on a CD player right now.

RT1
  • Early B.
    edited April 2008

That looks like a tank.

The Shanling CDT1500 looks like a child's toy on steroids. It's a perfect match for your Transformers action figures.

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,601
    edited April 2008
    It's not skipping. It's just rejecting your musical choices!

Too much "Hanna Montana" will will do that.:D
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,983
    edited April 2008
    Trey, buy the $35.00 whatever you need to get it fixed, drive down to my pad, enjoy some tunes as I fix the damn thing. Problem solved.

CDP not for sale.

Sheesh.......
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~