Good sub going for loudness

Nick14874
Nick14874 Posts: 18
edited March 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I love subs that make your hair and clothes vibrate I did have 2 sony xplode 12's and then 2 polk 12's and it did this but then i upgraded the sonys to polks in hopes that I would get more of that knock and vibration to my hair and everything but i didnt i just get better quality so my question is to you guys what are the best subs that will knock hard and give that vibration that i had but good subs because sonys suck... Any suggestions? Should i just upgrade to 1 pair of 15's instead of 4 12's back to back beacause i like loudness a lot more than quality and i dont really get the loudness anymore with 4 12' polk dbs vented... Or should i just put the polks in a sealed box or is this just because im running one off a combinded 400rms mono and a combinded 750rms kicker and there not getting the power they should be?
Post edited by Nick14874 on

Comments

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited March 2008
    momo....sealed

I have a pair of the older model 12"
    Momo`s that have just sat in the box ever since I purchased them..... (for sale of course)...

other than that Mac or Codey, or one of our 12v Guru`s can help ya with amp choices, or blackmax, etc.

I run Polk Momo 500.1 amps (2)
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Nick14874
    Nick14874 Posts: 18
    edited March 2008
    Now since I just ordered the hifonics amp 450 @ 4 ohms and 900 @ 2ohms and 1200 @ 1 ohm I started to wonder will i be better off just buying 2 15" kicker l7's 4 ohms would i get better results having 2 15"s in one box with 2 powerful subs or with 4 12" polks? Im starting to think i should just buy these http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16275 l7 15"s and put them both in to a ported box and get a lot more power than running 4 subs?
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2008
    If you want loud, 2 15" Kicker L7s will do it for you.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited March 2008
    Alpine Type Rs
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    If you want loud, 2 15" Kicker L7s will do it for you.
    -Cody

This is what my buddy had. If you want extremely loud ghetto bass this is the way to go. His wiper arms would bounce off the windows, and your hair would move. Have fun chasing all those loose screws down, and keep glue handy for the rear view. He grew out of that real quick and settled for good bass over tons of bass.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2008
    ^if only more were like your friend and get out of it. lol

There's a lot of 12's out there that will get crazy loud off that much power. 4 12's or 2 15's is up to you. I'd choose the 12's personally.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.