MP3's into iTunes????

I-SIG
I-SIG Posts: 2,238
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
I have my subwoofer test tones on a CD. They are coded in the MP3 format. I'd like to get them into iTunes somehow and re-record them to CDA format. When I popped the CD in my laptop, Windows treated it just like a regular CD and asked if I wanted to view it in a folder, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wes
Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
Post edited by I-SIG on

Comments

• fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited March 2008
    The only music I import is from a redbook CD or hybrid SACD into Apple Lossless. I do use iTunes. I'm guessing you have two options.

1. Open up Windows Explorer. Goto your CD. Highlight your mp3's. Drag and drop to your music folder. Point itunes to them either by adding folder or adding file.

2. Open up itunes. On the left panel, you should see your CD. Click on it. The mp3's should show up in the main window. Highlight all songs. Right click. Import.

Good luck.

Bear in mind, once in mp3, if you attempt to convert them back to regular CD, they're no longer the same. The lossful format has already thrown out parts of the original file so there's no way to restore them back to pre-mp3 condition.

With the above in mind, once you have the files in iTunes, you'll have to create a playlist and add those mp3's to your list. Finally, right click the playlist and burn the mp3 to CD. Make sure you configure the option in Edit/Preference. iTunes only burns to CD via playlists.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited March 2008
    Thanks, fat.

I ended up having to import each song individually as iTunes didn't recognize the MP3 CD. The MP3-to-CDA conversion went flawlessly.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d