Polk sub on sale on Amazon

SBrown712
SBrown712 Posts: 202
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
I don't know anything about these subs except this seems to be a good deal.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KVQBA?tag=gotapex
Post edited by SBrown712 on

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    Thanks for the heads-up, SBrown712.

It's what's considered an entry level sub (50 Watts RMS, Freq Response of 35-200 hz, 10" driver).

It doesn't have an LFE input, but as reviewers note on the positive side, it'll blow away any home-theater-in-the-box package sub.

Polk also has their new DSW series subs out; a little more green to buy, but
    that sub series is quite a leap forward for Polk subs.
    Sal Palooza
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2008
    $200 really isn't a bargain for that sub. I believe I paid $150 for one over a year ago. You can pick up one used for about $100.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited March 2008
    They gave this sub away for free with every $500 of Polk speakers purchased at Tweeter and such.

It's not really a deal at all. The MSRP is actually $200. I think $75-$100 new or $50 used would be more market price on these.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • honda cber
    honda cber Posts: 267
    edited March 2008
    Face wrote: »
    $200 really isn't a bargain for that sub. I believe I paid $150 for one over a year ago. You can pick up one used for about $100.

um... amazon is selling for $108.88 with free shipping?

a
    gear list:
    1 down, 4 up....
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    Hmmm, which one should I get......
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2008
    honda cber wrote: »
    um... amazon is selling for $108.88 with free shipping?

a
    Sorry, I was looking at Crutchfield's price.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited March 2008
    I thought they were giving those things away.
  • SBrown712
    SBrown712 Posts: 202
    edited March 2008
    Geez, guys. Don't shoot the messenger. I was just trying to link to what appeared to be a good deal. I won't do it anymore.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    Naw, keep posting deals as you find them; sometimes they're good, sometimes they're not as good, but keep posting ! :)

Now, the "Subtle as a Lead Brick Brigade" may return to quarters. :rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited March 2008
    SBrown712 wrote: »
    Geez, guys. Don't shoot the messenger. I was just trying to link to what appeared to be a good deal. I won't do it anymore.

Haha, don't worry about it. Post deals when you see them: just because you can find better deals on it doesn't mean the deal you found was bad.

Thanks for sharing! No doubt someone will get a better deal on it because you were kind enough to post it ;)
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • honda cber
    honda cber Posts: 267
    edited March 2008
    Refefer wrote: »
    Haha, don't worry about it. Post deals when you see them: just because you can find better deals on it doesn't mean the deal you found was bad.

Thanks for sharing! No doubt someone will get a better deal on it because you were kind enough to post it ;)

but he DID post the deal:
    $108.88 plus free shipping.

even though the sub isnt so hot, that is cheap. seems like it would work well in a small auxilliary system (like the one in my office). the small-ish room and lack of a need for high SPL are definite contributors.
    a
    gear list:
    1 down, 4 up....