4 12" polk problems

Nick14874
Nick14874 Posts: 18
edited March 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a Ford Explorer I did have 2 sony 12's and 2 polk 12's set up rigth behind eachother sonys running off a mono bazooka amp and the polks off a 5 channel kicker It hit hard but now i just replaced the sonys with 2 more polks and it is nothing compared to how hard i was hitting before the boxs were like II) II) and they are the same way now but one is very very close to the trunk... Any suggestions on why this is happening? I did just order a Hifonics amp so i will be doubling how hard its hitting right now but i expect these 4 to hit harder than the polks and sonys considering the sonys sucked... Do i need to set the box's up different or what?
Post edited by Nick14874 on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2008
    Make sure the subs are all wired in phase. If you accidentally wired one out, itll cancel out a whole bunch of output from the others.

Remember, Polk is an SQ brand. Their stuff is made to sound really good first and be loud second. Sony's are all for making a lot of noise and getting attention. So I wouldnt be surprised if the Sonys were louder than the Polks but I guarantee you the Polks sound better. Still, with 4 12's (Im assuming theyre DB's) you should be getting output-a-plenty if everything is installed and powered right.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Nick14874
    Nick14874 Posts: 18
    edited March 2008
    Well I will have to double check to make sure that the - and + are in correctly but my friend told me that this was only because i have 4 subs that can handle 720rms and i got a mono goign to one with 200rms and a 5 channel to the other with 420rms so he says its only doing this because i have no power going to them as of now although i just ordered a hifonics amp that will be pushing each one 900rms so I will have to see how things are going after that... Its not a problem having two vented boxs right behind eachother is its becuase its like this in my trunk /II) II)| and that last pair is right up against the trunk door... I asume its just the amps because after 25 it just does not sound right its muffled before with the sonys my stuff knocked... But then i wonder would the sonys with 1200watts peak and the polks both on the mono puching 900rms be better than 4 polks? I want to say no way but i just am so confused to why it does not slam even right now with 4 polks and its worse than before...