question about scaffolding

AdamRagland
AdamRagland Posts: 521
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
the place i work for is trying to buy some lightweight scaffolding than can be extended to around 18-25 Ft. it would also be nice if it were easily put together, torn down, and stored away. i havent been able to find any pricing online so i was wondering if any of you guys knew anything about this matter
Post edited by AdamRagland on

Comments

• LessisNevermore
    LessisNevermore Posts: 1,519
    edited March 2008
    Make sure you find out the max load it will bear, listed in lbs./sq. ft.(concentrated load) Lesser quality products may only list total capacity (evenly distributed).

It may sound silly, but don't forget to include the weight of any persons on the scaffolding. There is generally a safety factor, but it's best not to test the limits.
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, those are 2 words I don't like to see beside each other.....lightweight scaffolding.
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    Shoot for some aluminum or composite scaffolding. Call Sunbelt Rentals and inquire about purchasing some. Also look to Grainger. I think they now sell scaffolding. Spend a little extra for the ladders and rails. I made mine but not everybody can. Also try and buy walkboards from them in lieu of Home Depot 2x12's. Oak will outlast pine.

just my .02 worth.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited March 2008
    would it be a better idea to buy something like a lift? i know it will be more costly but i am looking at ease of use more than cost effectiveness.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2008
    Just make sure that whatever you use doesn't collapse. I'm sick of reading & hearing stories about scaffolding & cranes crashing!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008
    If it is for a buisness,make sure whatever you get is rated for the load you will be useing it for and osha certified....insurance companies want to see that if an accident happens.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable