paypal phish

sucks2beme
sucks2beme Posts: 5,601
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
So I get one today.

Dear PayPal Customer,

PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for our community of customers. To protect the security of your account, PayPal employs some of the most advanced security systems in the world and our anti-fraud teams regularly screen the PayPal system for unusual activity.

We are contacting you to remind that on 28 March 2008 our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited. Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved.

Dumb asses. Today's the 26th.:eek: You'd have to be pretty stupid to fall
for that one. Every time you bid on EBAy, you get that crap.
There's a reason I haven't bid in months, and haven't bought anything in years.
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
Post edited by sucks2beme on

Comments

• edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited March 2008
    It sounds like you are being attacked by someone from the future! It's more serious than you realize. Please send all your audio equipment to me. It's the only way to preserve the world in its current fragile state!
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited March 2008
    Geez -- it sucks2beyou.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited March 2008
    Last time I bid on ebay, I got multiple e-mails every day claiming to be the seller and wanting me to settle outside ebay and other crap. Stupid stupid people...
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    Sorry, I meant to send that to you sooner. My bad.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited March 2008
    Your future self is trying screw over your current self.

In 2 days, someone is probably going to tell you to go f*** yourself and this will be the result. You're going to hunt down the YOU 2 days in the past and try to f*** him with a scam.
    No excuses!
  • sucks2beme
    edited March 2008
    I think it's just my future self telling me to stay the hell off EBAY.

I really need to stick to the CP fleamarket.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    Thank god I haven't bought anything on their yet. I've already flagged ebay mail as spam.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2008
    i get those from Paypal and a few banks.. claiming I need to update my account and password... banks I don't even have accounts with. Yeahhh.. let me get back to you on that one.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Early B.
    edited March 2008
    Hmmm... I never get those kind of emails and I use PayPal and ebay extensively.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    I'll get on that right away.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited March 2008
    I get the same crap. U.S. banks wanting to update my info (I'm in Canada). Paypal updates, and E-bay disputes. I wonder how many people they actually get to click on the link?

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,067
    edited March 2008
    That's interesting. I was just noticing a drop in the number of phishing emails. Now I know why. I haven't bid on any Ebay items for quite awhile.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, Carver Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400x5, ADCOM GFA 7807, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • Early B.
    edited March 2008
    dpowell wrote: »
    That's interesting. I was just noticing a drop in the number of phishing emails. Now I know why. I haven't bid on any Ebay items for quite awhile.

Oh, maybe the bidding thing is the reason I don't get them. I rarely bid. It sucks to lose. I always use Buy It Now.

• Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2008
    I dump them in my spam bin and I haven't gotten one for a while.
    I rarely bid. It sucks to lose.

Someone pointed out to me when I win, I'm the one person in the entire world that thinks that item is worth that much.

That changed my perspective on losing.:D
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    Maybe you guys knew this but when you get these paypal and ebay phishing scams you can forward them to spoof@paypal.com and spoof@ebay.com and supposedly they will investigate it......
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sucks2beme
    edited March 2008
    I do forward them. But I doubt it has much effect.
    Ebay has so many scams being run at any one time,
    I think they're overwhelmed.