edited October 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
POLKFEST 2008 - BALTIMORE, MARYLAND - OCTOBER 17th & 18th

Polk Audio HQ
5601 Metro Drive
Baltimore, MD 21215
(800) 377.7655
(410) 358.3500

MAPQUEST - POLK HQ

"I know you've been waiting patiently. At long last, I managed to pin down the genius (not Paul).

As promised, Polkfest 2008 will be in Baltimore. On Friday October 17th, we will expect to see you all at Polk Headquarters. On Saturday October 18th festivities will resume (continue) at a nearby location to be announced. On Sunday, you will go away

Doro has kindly volunteered to herd the cats. I'll see if Hedy can arrange hotel deals. And I will recede into the shadows, letting Doro and you conspire. I expect you to leave B'more in the same shape you found it.

See you then.

Al Ballard"

*POLKIES* If you didn't attend the last Polkfest HQ tour, here's some of the things you'll see....

Club Polk members you've hated for years!, THE Customer Service team(Ken/Kim/Helen & Eric), Engineering Dept., Product Testing and Quality Control, THE Polk Anechoic Chamber(One place ALL your beloved products were tested), The Klipple Machine(NEAT!), The Enviromental Simulator(Testing), the Warehouse(You'll be ill when you see all the "extras"), the INCREDIBLE 12v/Car Audio Dept. to include any current project cars and the sickest workshop you've ever seen, The formal Polk Audio Demo room and a host of informal testing and design rooms for car subwoofers, all the way to in-wall loudspeakers.....and the list goes on.

I'll get some additional formal stuff posted in the next couple weeks, bear with me. At least a date has been set. - Mark(Dorokusai)
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    Here is the logistical information for you folks......

POLKFEST 2008 - Travel Information

This isn't met for home audio losers only.....as the 12v/Car Audio crew will be well represented at this years Polkfest, again. The last tour included the famous workshop, the work in progress 2003 Honda Civic and a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX. You have got to see this CAD machine they use to carve up goodies! We also saw them testing 40 subwoofers at a time, on the floor and someone went into convulsions.....it's very WEIRD to look at.

Polkfest 2005 - System Showcase

Who's WRX was that Thom/Josh? Can you elaborate on what was in the shop when the subwoofer enclosure for the civic was being glassed and carbon fiber'd? Does your memory go back that far?

Josh has volunteered to wrestle Polkies for SR series components, so bring your Speedo's and Hormel turkey gravy.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2008
    This is an awesome opportunity guys! VIP treatment, tours, demos of awesome gear both new and old, lots of learning and generally just one hell of a good time with lots of great, like minded individuals! I was at the '05 Polkfest and it was one of the coolest things Ive ever done in my life, even without clothes!

If youre a fan of car audio or audio in general do yourself a favor and be there if for no other reason than to hear the SDA's! It will change your perspective on reference quality audio!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2008
    Based on my experience with MacLeod in 2005....you don't want to see him without clothes. If you've seen the movie Total Recall...you know what I mean....its creepy.
  • Kinetic
    Kinetic Posts: 437
    edited March 2008
    let me check the flights maybe i can go to the US, i really want to meet the Polk Audio HQs
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    /////Alpine SPX 17PRO
    /////Alpine SWX 1243D
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited March 2008
    dorokusai wrote:
    This isn't met for home audio losers only.....as the 12v/Car Audio crew will be well represented at this years Polkfest, again. The last tour included the famous workshop, the work in progress 2003 Honda Civic and a tricked out Subaru WRX.

Who's WRX was that Thom/Josh? Can you elaborate on what was in the shop when the subwoofer enclosure for the civic was being glassed and carbon fiber'd? Does your memory go back that far?

That's another company car. It's traveled with Circuit City's nationwide show tour for several years ('05 & '06), part of last year, and it's back on the CC rig again for the '08 show season.

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/installs/viewpolk.php?id=19

We'll be working on something, but hard to say what this far ahead. Unless we do a SEMA car, then we should be wrapping it up in mid- October. More likely it'll be something way more tame...
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2008
    Are the car audio guys actually going to be there this time or are you all gonna use the lame excuse of "We have a show to go to in Florida!" again? :rolleyes: ;):p:D
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2008
    Thom - Oh ok. I thought that might be it but wasn't sure. It clearly received a new paint job :D

How about a custom Vespa?
  • Thom
    edited March 2008
    No show excuse this year. Last time it was probably NOPI Nationals in Atlanta. But that's in September, the middle of October is show- free for us. We'll have to think of something else this time.:D
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2008
    anyone planning to bring their boat? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Marine audio!! :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Jstas
    edited March 2008
    Thom wrote: »
    No show excuse this year. Last time it was probably NOPI Nationals in Atlanta. But that's in September, the middle of October is show- free for us. We'll have to think of something else this time.:D

That's fine. Just leave the keys to the show cars. Well coat the parking lot with rubber for you!

• eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited March 2008
    u know... i am yet to see a VW bus as a show car. im from a beach city in california... so yeah im a little bias... but u can pack a lot of audio in one of those and do A LOT of custom stuff... not too mention the whole thing can be a big polk billboard.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • Kinetic
    Kinetic Posts: 437
    edited April 2008
    next week the travel agency confirms my tickets for polk fest, its going to be so nice to meet you guys
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    /////Alpine SPX 17PRO
    /////Alpine SWX 1243D
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable
  • Jstas
    edited April 2008
    Kinetic wrote: »
    next week the travel agency confirms my tickets for polk fest, its going to be so nice to meet you guys

Don't lie, it will not. You're just coming for the Rochambeau Tournament.

• dorokusai
    edited April 2008
    If you're planning on coming for Polkfest, drop me a PM so I can add you to the list of attendees. We need to have a head count for the catering and various other things.
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2008
    Kinetic wrote: »

Make sure you get the whole weekend off cause the festivities are Saturday AND Sunday.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2008
    There are some free karma giveaways in the Clubhouse....specifically, a couple Polk MOMO polo shirts. Just FYI.
  • thumpin07
    thumpin07 Posts: 217
    edited May 2008
    maybe ill come to polk fest next year and show off my soundsystem to yyou all interested in seeing it or listening to it
    tyler birch

ht system
    denon avr-1907
    monitor 70 towers-polkaudio
    nakamichi bx -100 tape deck
    sony 5 disc cd/dvd player hdmi ready
    velodyne dps-12 subwoofer

Car audio

AMP: FUSION EN-AM8001 800 watts max 368 watts rms x 1 channel @ 2 ohms stable
    SUB: 12 INCH 1000W DVC VOLFENHAG 2 Ohm stable useable ohms 2-8ohms
  • MacLeod
    edited May 2008
    You definitely should. The tour is the best part - well actually the demo's are the best part. Most of us know great audio from great car audio systems. When you hear a primo home audio system properly set up, its like a whole other world! My pappy used to always say, you wont know what youre missing til you know what youre missing. Listening to these awesome demos gives you a new appreciation and reference for supreme sound quality.

• thumpin07
    thumpin07 Posts: 217
    edited May 2008
    i know what you mean mac! I grew up with polk sound, my fathers home audio system (the one i gre up with and he still has) is a full nakamichi component system with PA-7 stasis power amp 200wx2 his speakers are a pair of polk SDA-SRS 1.2tl's talk about awesome. I love polk audio this is why my home audio system has two monitor 70 towers, and this is why my car audi system will have all polk SR series compnents and subs. I have heard many speakers and to me nothing comes close. In my own opinion there is no sweeter sound than music coming out of a polk speaker.
    tyler birch

ht system
    denon avr-1907
    monitor 70 towers-polkaudio
    nakamichi bx -100 tape deck
    sony 5 disc cd/dvd player hdmi ready
    velodyne dps-12 subwoofer

Car audio

AMP: FUSION EN-AM8001 800 watts max 368 watts rms x 1 channel @ 2 ohms stable
    SUB: 12 INCH 1000W DVC VOLFENHAG 2 Ohm stable useable ohms 2-8ohms
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited August 2008
  • Thom
    edited October 2008
    You're not going to bring your car up this year for everyone to hear, Mac?