I did it! I have upgraded my speakers.

botany
botany Posts: 68
edited December 2002 in Speakers
I must be nuts, but I did it. I ordered a pair of FXi50 for my rear, a pair of FXi30 for my rear sides, and a CSi40 for the center speaker.

New list of my toys:

Harman Kardon AVR520
Harman Kardon PA 4000
Polk RTi70's Fronts
Polk FXi50's Rears
Polk FXi30's Side Rears
Polk CSi40 Center Speaker

I was about to buy these speakers on Ebay and I did the math. I ordered from Crutchfield.com and it worked out that I paid about $80.00 more then if I went with the guy on ebay. I received a store credit for the PSW 202 Subwoofer that tip the scale in favor of Crutchfield.

I have posted in the flea market for sale RM7600 Speakers. Please, these speakers are in new condition, if you see the price and don't like it, email me a price and you may be surprised that I may take it. Every body must have a brother or sister, a mom or dad that is just starting out with speaker, these are a great way to get started. So email me a price.

Thanks for all you help Polk Forum,

Botany

;);););););)
Post edited by botany on

Comments

• jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited December 2002
    Looks like a nice new system. Enjoy it.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2002
    I heard Crutchfield was not shipping Polk's anymore...

But they are substituting the Bose Acoustimass system instead!

Just kidding...Enjoy your new gear!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited December 2002
    I heard a refreshingly accurate description of the reason Bose is successful at selling their seemingly high-price-for-what-you-get stuff.

In an advertisement for Bose on something like Paul Harvey or Limbaugh, the announcer quoted an audio reviewer, who said "The Bose wave radio produces better, richer, fuller sound THAN MOST PEOPLE HAVE HEARD." True enough. I've heard the Bose wave radio in an office setting, and it sounded good for a clock radio.. better than any clock radio I've heard before. Sounded better than the average cheap portable or box stereo, too.

Anyway, never heard before IN A BOSE COMMERCIAL that little tidbit of relativity.
  • botany
    botany Posts: 68
    edited December 2002
    Hello Frank Z, thanks for your email. I understand what you said and thank you. I went on line, and took a closer look at the price of the two web sites and it worked out I spent $15.98 more then
    sound distributors prices.

Botany
  • trance72
    trance72 Posts: 18
    edited December 2002
    i work for a sound shop and bose is one of our products.we all hate bose becuase it really doesnt sound that good if u have heard other nice systems.yes its loud and yes its ok quality but because of the high sensitivity of bose speakers u cant integrate them with anything else...therfor all bose or no bose.most ppl who buy bose are not real audiophiles like us there just ignorant about what bose really is.....over priced "i got bose" crap.there is no way i would pay 1500.00 for an accoustimass system when i could get a real reciever and real speakers for that.im my experience ppl who have to have bose are real hard headed about switching to another speaker...probably becuase thay paid so much they got to get there moneys worth out of it...there is a saying i have heard"no highs and no lows...must be bose"..lol
    a true audiophile is never satisfiyed
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2002
    I always play the the RM6700 versus the AM15 and people are like, "The Bose costs $600 more?! I don't even like it!"
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited December 2002
    That set up should sound very good. Let us know what you think of the surrounds when they arrive. How do the RTi70 sound using a seperate amp? I used to use the 800i as mains but never got the chance to hear the RT line with seperates. Why are you selling the RM system? They should sound nice in the bedroom.

Maurice