exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited March 2008
    ....although I don't know if this is a good thing or not.
    I was taught competition in the market place serves the consumer.
    Monopoly serves the seller.

-Luc
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited March 2008
    Their competition is FREE terrestrial radio.

Remember this, Sat Radio is a luxury that nobody needs and everyone can do without. If they start getting too cocky by raising prices through the roof and thinking they can't be lived without, thats when people start dropping them.

I have no problem with dumping XM. I love having it and love the programming, but will dump their **** if prices jump way up.
    No excuses!
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2008
    ^^^Tell us how you really feel.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008
    Never felt a need for either one,so to me,don't really care.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2008
    Actually it is just DOJ approval. They still need FCC approval as well.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited March 2008
    ^^^Tell us how you really feel.

Ok...

I love you man! ;)
    No excuses!
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited March 2008
    man, i love sirius radio!! WAY better sound quality than regular radio and tons of choices. im glad to hear it!!
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,067
    edited March 2008
    I wonder how long they will continue supporting two networks as one company?

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, Carver Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400x5, ADCOM GFA 7807, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2008
    Is this going to make current tuners obsolete?
  • Music Joe
    Music Joe Posts: 459
    edited March 2008
    Wonder how they'll work out the hardware side? Do you have to own both a Polk SR-H1000 and Polk XRt12? The on air talent will have to choose a bigger market vs two markets to price war.

One step closer to the bedroom...they need to start talking who's on top :D
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,067
    edited March 2008
    It might work out great if the receivers have a programmable flash that would allow the units to be reprogrammed to receive from both networks. Otherwise, I'm guessing that some customers will lose out just like those who purchased HD-DVD players just lost out.....

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, Carver Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400x5, ADCOM GFA 7807, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2008
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Is this going to make current tuners obsolete?

It states in the article you will not have to purchase new hardware.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2008
    What is this thing called radio you keep talking about? My car plays WMA files, no need for radio. :)
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    As much driving as I do, I'm thinking it might be worth $13/ month just so I don't have to hit the scan button every 30 sec.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited March 2008
    If you're driving all the time and listening to radio, that's your own fault........

At a MINIMUM, play some cd's ya like............
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited March 2008
    brettw22 wrote: »
    If you're driving all the time and listening to radio, that's your own fault........

At a MINIMUM, play some cd's ya like............

Brett, Even with an cd's or mp3 player sooner or later we all listen to some kind of radio. Terrestrial or not. That is almost a non comment.

I am very excited that it got approved by the Department of Justice and might finally get approved by the FCC.

I have had sirius for 3 years and never listen to terrestrial radio unless I am in someone elses car. The content is just better.

Here are my two very good reasons and one sub reason I like satelite.

1st no commercials unless you listen to the talk stations and then it is only a couple an hour not the 10-15 minutes worth an hour on regular radio.

2nd traveling. you never have to change the station as you travel across the USA.

Sub Reason, it's uncensored. I am so sick of the FCC telling me what I can and can't listen to. If you don't like cursing change the channel. If you don't want your kids to hear something blue become a parent and change the channel.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited March 2008
    I haven't listened to anything radio in at least the past 4 or 5 years (if not longer) aside from being in someone elses car (rarely, since i like to be the one driving).......if anyone opts to listen to that and then complains about being limited, that IS their own problem........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.