Does anyone here frame LP's?

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Curious if anyone here frames LP covers and hangs them on their wall in their music room. I'm thinking about doing this as I just acquired some album covers I'd like to hang, one of them being a mint jacket for Led Zeppelin II. I've got tons of wallspace and need to get something up there. If you do,

What do you use for frames? Where do you buy them?
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited March 2008
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited March 2008
    Hell yeah, I sent a couple of them **** up the river for 20 years.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    I just googled LP frames and found a section of ebay with a bunch of different styles.
    Also, you can check Michaels & A.C. Moore's frame shops.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited March 2008
    Wal-mart here carries some cheap black metal diminutive ones. I have 2 Iron & Wine LPs on my wall thanks to them.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2008
    obieone wrote: »
    Also, you can check Michaels & A.C. Moore's frame shops.

I forgot about those places.

There are so many to choose from on ebay I know a huge portion of them are gonna be absolute junk. I also know a huge portion of the expensive ones that are portraying themselves to be quality are going to be absolute junk. I prefer something with glass in the front as it doesn't have terrible reflections like plexiglass does.
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited March 2008
    Thanks for the plug there, Tom. I looked at all the frames online and in the stores and figured I could make what I wanted cheaper than buying them. Although it took longer, I'm more pleased with the results. I have a dozen made so far and will eventually get around to making some more of them for the duplicate LP's that I have or for the ones that I don't listen to that much.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • MGPK
    MGPK Posts: 88
    edited March 2008
    I don't frame LP's, but I have a Rolling Stone magazine collection dating back to 1973 (approx 550 issues) that are in very good condition and I have framed a few (entire magazine) and they look awesome as wall art and have quite a unique look to them. To frame them properly (behind conservation glass), I take them to a local framer and it usually costs about $150 cdn to have it done. I know that the magazine has lost its appeal over the years, but the old issues are awesome. Especially the old newsprint types.
    System:

H/K AVR430 Receiver
    Samsung DVDHD841 Dvd player
    Yamaha CDC506 5 Disc changer
    Jamo E855 Tower speakers
    Wharfdale Pacific P-10 Bookshelf speakers
    Acoustic Research Master Series Interconnects