I hate when companies do this....

Polkitup2
Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Today's ad for a Motorola Bluetooth headset for $4.99 ($35 rebate). I stop by an hour and a half after they open and they are sold out. No rainchecks. I stopped in yesterday because I got the ad on Saturday but they said I had to wait until Sunday. Obviously a ploy to get people to stop in a Easter Sunday. Good way to lose customers if you ask me. :mad:
Post edited by Polkitup2 on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2008
    ahhh yes just one of the many ways to get you in their doors. i'm glad you stuck by your guns. and didn't buy anything. You are the type of customer they don't like.. you left empty handed.

those so called "door buster" items are usually of very limited quantity. Some times in the very fine print they will say.. "only 5 per store". or some thing similar to that. Unless you are in the first or second person in the door when they open.. a hour or so later, they'll all be gone, depending on what the item is.

Just like on black Friday. I stood outside BB for 4 hours till they opened. I got a voucher for a $599 laptop. Good deal. But by the time all 15 of them had be sold, even before the doors even opened. it left people with only the more expensive $799 and on up laptops. most people think. hey it's not the one I wanted, but it's only $200 more than what I was going to pay. so why not?

Even though BB ran out of the less expensive laptop's, they still make $$, because you now bought a more expensive one. It's a bait and switch type game if you will.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited March 2008
    Office depot is one of the worst places to shop for anything. They never seem to have any of their specials in stock here. And almost everything is "after rebate". I don't bother going there anymore.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2008
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Office depot is one of the worst places to shop for anything. They never seem to have any of their specials in stock here. And almost everything is "after rebate". I don't bother going there anymore.

Yep. I have gone in for specials 1pm on Sunday. Oh I am sorry we are out of that item. Well what is the substitute? We have no substitute. How come you guys never have any of your sales items in stock? silence. Then I get loud, and sometimes the manager gives me a substitute.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited March 2008
    Yea, I got loud, threatened to file a complaint with the attorney general (which I still may do) and they offered to substitute a more expense model - of course the only color they had was pink. ****.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2008
    More people need to do that. I have been there on many occasions over the last 5 years with the same problem. Its classic bait, and switch which I think is Illegal. My advice is get loud, and get better.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    Car dealerships are the WORST!!!
    "Oh, uh, we sold that model"
    "Really? Cuz, the sale JUST started 30 SECONDS AGO!" F*ckers!!!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2008
    I have no problem walking away from a car dealership.... I just tell them the guy across the street would love to sell me a car.. and sure enough.. it's surprising how quickly they come around to offering you a better deal

it's a game... but everyone plays it. and you're a fool if you don't play it. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited March 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    More people need to do that. I have been there on many occasions over the last 5 years with the same problem. Its classic bait, and switch which I think is Illegal. My advice is get loud, and get better.

It is "bait and switch" but the FTC says it's OK if you put some sort of a disclaimer in the fine print. It's a *****y way to do business and I never fall for it. I have found more deals just poking around the store on a normal visit.

At BB the other day I went in for an advertised special on Dual Layer DVD-R's. A Sony 25 pack for $29.99. They had a few packages and they were normally $59.99. While looking on the shelf I also found TDK 30 pk. Lightscribe single layer DVD-R's on sale for $5.99. Great deal since they were normally $19.99. They had 5 spindles so I bought all 5 and gave a couple to my brother.

Had those been advertised they'd have been long gone.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!