Nordost Cables Customer Service

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Picked up a pair of Nordost Blue Heavens off craigslist. They were definitely beat up but I wanted to give them a try. I take them and plug them in only to find that one of the connectors was loose internally and the channel would cut in and out unless I put some pressure on it. Not to mention the RCA connectors weren't fitting tight as they should.

Anyway, after looking at the Nordost site turns out they have a lifetime warranty. Sent the company an email asking what to do, they issued an RMA number, I shipped them to them and in less than 2 weeks I now have a brand new pair of Blue Heaven's in my possession. So anyone looking to try this company, go for it, A+ customer service.

Granted these are bottom of their line cables, I am hoping to do a shootout between these, the KAS Audio I got from Brad, a pair of silvers from Ben(if he ever responds to his PM's), and maybe a couple copper cables. This is all after I get my new TT.
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    Great customer service is what keeps great companies in business.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2008
    I definitely want to try more cables in their line, although they get EXPENSIVE.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008
    I definitely want to try more cables in their line, although they get EXPENSIVE.

For sure........now tell me 100 bucks isn't a "budget" cable.Still would like to try some of their stuff.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2008
    I have heard that the Solar Winds and the Red Dawns were very good. I had a simialr experience from Audioquest CS and can recommend them highly.
    Venom
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2008
    Sounds much better than my experience with MIT CS, Thank goodness for Joe Abrams who took care of my problem.

BAT highly recommends Nordost with their gear, never heard any though.

RT1
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2008
    Excellent fast cables. I tried a pair on my DQ-10's and they made a nice difference. I will consider a pair of my own in the future.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2008
    Just save up for some MIT Shotguns and be done with it.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    I didn't like anything from Nordost, from the Red Dawn down.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2008
    ////\\\\
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited March 2008

I've had quite a bit of experience with Nordost and agree they are a good company to deal with.

I've got sitting here (collecting dust) 2 pairs of SPM ICs and 1 pair Quattro Fil ICs.
    They are a huge step up from the Solar wind or Red Dawns. What the upper level of Nordost do well is reveal. They are very fast and accurate, and will show the good (and bad) in a system. There is absolutely no coloration which alot of folk get used to with other brands so when they try something like the SPM or QF it may sound a bit thin but it really isn't. If there is a fault with them, I would say they are ever so slightly weak on the very low frequencies. Bass is very tight and accurate, just not as full.

When matched with the right system, the SPM and Quatro Fil are superb.
    They absolutely will not help mid-fi components sound better and that's why I'm not using them currently. I have high end amps and electrostatic speakers but am relegated to running a modded squeezebox as a source with no preamp for the time being.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    Glad to see you posting Norm! How are you feeling?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Ummm dude you shot me a PM 2 days ago. I wasn't around much at all yesterday. I did some Karma's when I had some spare stock. I can't ship freebies. Are you going to burn in all those cables properly? I have plenty of reviews if people search. To top it all off "Granted these are bottom of their line cables".
    Just because I sell to Polkies way under priced does not place them in this category. They have been compared several times to much higher priced cables. I know you didn't mean any harm, but it just doesn't project what I am selling very well.

edit, you have PM again.