Frontline 25 years on the air on PBS

bikezappa
bikezappa Posts: 2,463
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23745370/

Interesting Frontline program on summarizing Bush's war.
Post edited by bikezappa on

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited March 2008
    somehow I will not be anticipating a neutral viewpoint on this....who knows :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • bikezappa
    edited March 2008
    They have had excellent programs on medicine, science, nature and the arts.

25 years is a long time for a TV show.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited March 2008
    ohskigod wrote: »
    somehow I will not be anticipating a neutral viewpoint on this....who knows :D

I dunno, Frontline has a pretty decent reputation for a "just the facts" kind of approach. Most PBS news shows are like that. Very little bias, if there is, it tends to be slightly conservative.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2008
    Some other titles for this thread.

Frontline: Objectively serving the Democrat party for 25 years.

Frontline: 25 years of left wing propaganda

Frontline: 25 years of faithful spin for the left.

Frontline: We've been around for 25 years - back when michael moore was a mere 350 lbs.

Frontline: 25 years of exposing all the evil, corrupt, greedy, guilty, money grubbing corporations as they exploit innocent civilians and generally rape and pillage this pristine planet while enabled by the corrupt members of the Republican party which they all have in their back pockets........but objectively.

Frontline: Dont most communist nations have a "public" broadcasting network?

Frontline: For when the truth just isnt good enough.

Frontline: Anxiously awaiting our next program outline from the DNC.

Jstas wrote: »
    I dunno, Frontline has a pretty decent reputation for a "just the facts" kind of approach. Most PBS news shows are like that. Very little bias, if there is, it tends to be slightly conservative.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

I mean.....WAAAAHAHAHAHA!! Just that.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAH!! Oh man that was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAA!! No bias..WAAAAAHAHAHAHA!! Conservative...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!

Oooh boy.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    Frontline= conservative= LMFAO!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • bikezappa
    edited March 2008
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Some other titles for this thread.

Frontline: Objectively serving the Democrat party for 25 years.

Frontline: 25 years of left wing propaganda

Frontline: 25 years of faithful spin for the left.

Frontline: We've been around for 25 years - back when michael moore was a mere 350 lbs.

Frontline: 25 years of exposing all the evil, corrupt, greedy, guilty, money grubbing corporations as they exploit innocent civilians and generally rape and pillage this pristine planet while enabled by the corrupt members of the Republican party which they all have in their back pockets........but objectively.

Frontline: Dont most communist nations have a "public" broadcasting network?

Frontline: For when the truth just isnt good enough.

Frontline: Anxiously awaiting our next program outline from the DNC.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

I mean.....WAAAAHAHAHAHA!! Just that.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAH!! Oh man that was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAA!! No bias..WAAAAAHAHAHAHA!! Conservative...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!

Oooh boy.

This is the kind of BS from some one that I bet has never watched Frontline.

Can you give one specific example of your rant. Any data? They have had many famous republicans aznd people from the right on this program. It may have to much data for you to understand however.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited March 2008
    Ummm...are sure you guys aren't confusing Dateline or Nightline with Frontline?

Frontline is actually pretty compelling TV more often than not. I don't get to watch it much because my schedule I keep doesn't have me home when it's on.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • bikezappa
    edited March 2008
    I agree Justas, Frontline uses data and interviews from both sides during the programs.

The programs are researched in depth and offer boths sides of view.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited March 2008
    Sorry to sound uninformed... the only left and right I know are the speakers in front of me.... nyuknyuknyuk

derail
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    I'm a dork. I love this series. Very informative. I usually watch TV that makes me think and wonder of what could be. I want to learn more than be entertained. If I learn while being entertained, I take it as a bonus.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2008
    You clowns are going to turn this into politics. You always **** do. It's pathetic.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008
    GG- It's Easter pal,have another cup of joe.Let this thing die before it happens as you describe....your right though.:)

Happy Easter to you and yours!!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • bikezappa
    edited March 2008
    You clowns are going to turn this into politics. You always **** do. It's pathetic.

Politics are pathetic.

Frontline is a quality program that has informed and entertained me for 25 years. Frontline has many subjects other than politics otherwize it would be pathetic.

People have been recommernding TV shows on this forum for many years. And many of these recommended TV programs have a political agenda.
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited March 2008
    Those who don't know, don't know that they don't know...ya know?
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2008
    Politics ARE pathetic. Your attempts to start political debates on this forum are equally pathetic.

You just can't quit can you Peter?
  • bikezappa
    edited March 2008
    Froneline is a good show that I happen to like and has been on the air for 25 years.

I'm just recommending that you and others may want to watch it.

There is much more to Frontline than politics. Science, medicine, nature, art, history.....
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited March 2008
    Frontline is awesome.
    It's as close as you can get to neutral in this era of......
    "News Media as entertainment"
  • bikezappa
    edited March 2008
    I think Frontline is on this Monday and Tuesday, starts at 9:00est.

Powell and Rumsfled are interviewed.
  • jwhitakr
    jwhitakr Posts: 568
    edited March 2008
    I watched quite a bit of Frontline last night... just happened to turn it on after we got back from the gym and eating. I can't remember ever having watched it previously.

It was one of the most informative and in-depth TV programs I have ever seen. I felt that it was unbiased in the presentation of the viewpoints of those people that were interviewed. I will definitely be watching it again (can't tonight, unfortunately ... but in the future).
    My HT
    HDTV: Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Proj. LCD
    AVR: Harman Kardon AVR 235
    Video: 80GB PS3, Toshiba HD-XA1 HD DVD
    Fronts: Polk Audio RTi8
    Center: Polk Audio CSi3
    Amp: Emotiva LPA-1
    Surrounds: Polk Audio R150
    Sub: HSU STF-3

The only true barrier to knowledge is the assumption that you already have it. - C.H. Dodd
  • bikezappa
    edited March 2008
    Frontline gave a detailed view and recent history of how the Bush administration functions: the good and bad.

Most of the data and interviews were from people that worked in the government or directly for Bush.

The show was nothing like any Micheal Moore Movie

It continues with the scond half tonight I think at 9:00.
  • Fongolio
    Fongolio Posts: 3,516
    edited March 2008
    I have watched Frontline for many years from Canada. They have always been the only true in-depth hard hitting truth be told news program on American politics (and other topics). Frontline lately seems hard left leaning because they have, since the beginning of the current Bush administration, been unrelenting on exposing Cheney Rumsfeld Wolfowitz and the other old boys club members for the agendas they have brought to the White House. In previous adminitstrations Frontline has been just as in-depth and truthful. I applaud Frontline for being one of the only news programs in the US for taking a stand and reporting BS as BS. CNN Fox ABC NBC and CBS should all be ashamed for not reporting the obvious truths at the lead up to the present war in Iraq. Frontline reported on the lack of WMD's and lack of connection of Bin Laden to Iraq long long before the other networks. Now all the other networks appear to lean left. Why, because now leaning left sells more soap. Frontline has been unwavering in reporting the truth and if the truth is perceived as left then thank God someones leaning.
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-55
    NAD 1130 Pre-amp
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
  • bikezappa
    edited March 2008
    My perfect news program would just give data, no opinions. Let the listener of this program form their own conclusion based on the facts.

The data should be obtained from reliable sources and cited.

This type of program could inform people on subjects and issues better than all the present day news and talk shows whose goals, in my opinion, are to entertain you and/or confirm your current beliefs and sell you soap.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2008
    It is impossible for a news reader to not have an opinion or a slant in one direction or the other. We're all human and we all have our views. What kills me is that people like this act like they dont.

My solution would be that every news reader should have a D or R after their name just like politicians do. That way you know which way theyre slant may be coming from. I dont trust Rush Limbaugh to give me the straight up facts without there being a slant to the right - and I dont trust 99% of the mainstream media for their left leaning slant.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • The Judge
    The Judge Posts: 60
    edited March 2008
    It's easy to stay on the air when the Government picks up the tab.
  • Fongolio
    Fongolio Posts: 3,516
    edited March 2008
    Frontline was also one of the first to expose the truth about American inaction in Dharfir, the governments (both democratic and republican) unwillingness to acknowledge the extent of the Aids crisis in America and more recently how newer policies in the Bush administration allow the legal monitoring of this very thread on this forum because I may after all be a terroist. Frontlne doesn't sell much soap but it does expose the truth.
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-55
    NAD 1130 Pre-amp
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    Frontline once did a program on Rush Limabaugh.

It was balanced, presented the facts, and didn't present biased 10-second sound bites to slant the program.

Do an A/B comparison of Frontline vs. Fox News.
    That will, IMO, tell the tale.
    Sal Palooza
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited March 2008
    Politics ARE pathetic.
    That's the great thing about me and politics. I just don't give a rat's **** about any of it. I'll catch the news when I can and I may believe only.......oh, say less than 10%.

If I see a video, I still only believe less than 10% [editing].

If I see stat's, I don't but into any of it.

Leave the politics to the slanted and crooked, they are good at it and they are doing a great job **** up America and it's economy IMHO. That's all I have to say about that. Frontline I've never watched to get back onto the subject...
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008
    Funny.....I find that most that don't pay attention or concern themselfes with any of it,
    are usually the one's who are the most opinionated.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable