What Glorious Jobs Did You Have Growing Up?

2»

Comments

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited April 2008
    I worked in a "climate controlled" chicken processing plant. (hanging dead birds on hooks, using a snow shovel to move ground chicken puree from one storage container to another, making hotdogs, etc)

Pumped sani-cans and cleaned bathrooms for the City of Kent. (Imaging walking into a public bathroom and seeing a naked guy peeking at you from over the top of the stall. As soon as scurried away, I saw another walk into the bathroom, look around confused, and check his watch. At that moment I realized what I just broke up... Although I wasn't always that "lucky" and some people I just caught in the act. :()
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited April 2008
    Hmm...Telemarketer. I apologize if you called me.:D
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited April 2008
    Some interesting jobs so far.

I started out working for my aunts company mostly making price tags for her product - I would work my lunches in grade 6. It confused the other students but then when they found out I was making 20 - 30 bucks per lunch hour they didn't say much after that. Just before that in grade 5 I was basically a wholesaler for a fishing store providing lures. Basically just picked up the lures, dropped them off at the fishing store and when they sold I collected the money at the end of the month and then paid off the maker of the lures. That was a pretty sweet job for age 11 :p

The usual mowing lawns, paper route etc.... then moved to landscaping large commercial and private properties for 3 years which then turned into bookkeeping for the same company. Gas station attendant, Future Shop (merchandiser), and a few other boring jobs.

Now, at 19, I do consulting work for an IT company and hold a day job at a software company - the same company that just cut a large deal with Jstat's workplace :)

seeing a naked guy peeking at you from over the top of the stall...
    ... I just caught in the act. :()

As bad as that may have been for you... a priceless story it has made :D
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2008
    Repo man.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited April 2008
    I still give a buddy of mine **** for a job he had at the Minnesota Zoo using an electro stimulator to collect **** from monkeys.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited April 2008
    That's one to leave off the resume... or at very least to break the ice with a few laughs.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited April 2008
    ^^+1! "What do you do for work?" "Me? Um, nothing!"

Let's see......pumped gas(before self serve- yeah I'm old, F.U.!), bussed tables for IHOP for 5 hours 1 nite, never even picked up my check. Bagged groceries, worked in a bicycle repair shop, that's all for H.S.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited April 2008
    Mowed lawns for real estate agents
    Picking up golf balls at the local muni course
    Delivered prescriptions for my dad's pharmacy ( best part: found the best make out spots)
    Worked at LaBelles catalogue showroom one Christmas, all my money went into buying my first decent piece of equipment, an HK 680i receiver.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited April 2008
    14-15 yrs old: Dock boy at a boat dock on the lake. To date, still the best job I've ever had. Got tipped in beers and rode jet skis anytime I wanted. And the women.....oh my.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2008
    Abercrombie & Fitch....what a **** job but I've never been paid so much to **** off and hook up with **** girls...

Eventually, the **** girls just aren't worth the $7.00/hour anymore. lol