PDX4.150 Class D Midbass against Soundstream Class A/B Midbass

2»

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2008
    Crossovers arent the only thing. You need to play with the polarity as well. We had a guy come in and buy a box from us, came back the next day and accused us of selling crappy boxes.

I knew what it was immediately from the sound, but I told him it wasnt the box, it was his install, and for $17.50, we'll check it out for him. He moaned and groaned that the only thing he did was mess with the speaker wire and I told him again, its not the box its the install. He ended up paying the $17.50, I went over his settings to make sure they were right, switched the pos and neg of one of the speakers, and wow, it sounded great.

Moral of the story, dont be a dick and you wont get charged $17.50.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, I guess I don't spend too much time making adjustments. In my car I need a laptop to adjust, so the 205 controls seem quite easy to me. It's been a while since I've used a 700 with the controller, and I didn't think of it being installed in the armrest (or even just laying in the armrest) or somewhere convenient- so maybe that is more desirable. Either way beats the crap out of using the V- Hub Pro. That thing takes a while to get used to...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2008
    I dont have mine mounted anywhere. I ran the cable up to the center console and I store the remote in a storage pocket under my CD player. This way I can just grab it and hold it while Im sitting back in my seat listening. Plus when I compete in RTA contests, I can stand outside the car with the remote and tune while watching the RTA. Mucho convenient.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Akirasle
    Akirasle Posts: 8
    edited April 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Crossovers arent the only thing. You need to play with the polarity as well. We had a guy come in and buy a box from us, came back the next day and accused us of selling crappy boxes.

I knew what it was immediately from the sound, but I told him it wasnt the box, it was his install, and for $17.50, we'll check it out for him. He moaned and groaned that the only thing he did was mess with the speaker wire and I told him again, its not the box its the install. He ended up paying the $17.50, I went over his settings to make sure they were right, switched the pos and neg of one of the speakers, and wow, it sounded great.

Moral of the story, dont be a dick and you wont get charged $17.50.
    -Cody

I love this post as to which I can relate haha. People who automatically assume the Professional did something wrong and not them selves...idiots
    2000 Solara SLE V6

Pioneer AVHP5700DVD
    Pioneer DEHP7800MP 24Bit DAC
    Polk MMC650 (F)
    Polk MMC690 (R)
    Alpine V12 MRV-F540
    Alpine V12 MRV-T320
    Alpine V12 MRD-M500
    JL Audio 10'' W6V2
    Monster Power 2GA
    Monster Quad Helix RCA
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2008
    I did the same thing once around 1995 when I bought my first PPI amp. After hooking it up it wouldnt stay on and kept shutting off. I went back to the shop and wanted to exchange it and the guy wouldnt even consider it. He just told me, "these amps dont tear up. Youve done something wrong." Well obviously I knew it couldnt have been my mistake and argued with him but he was firm. Long story short, faulty ground - my fault.

I still get a kick out of that. I mean this dude had no doubt. "These amps dont tear up! Youve screwed something up."
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D