Thumbs Up for FEDEX

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
The CRS's I bought a few weeks ago arrived with a damaged driver; the drivers were pulled out and they were VERY well packed in a separate box with lots of styrofoam and padding, but I guess they dropped that box hard enough to freeze one driver.

I got replacement from Polk, and filed a claim to Fedex for $48. I really did not think I'd get anything (electronics, not original packaging, hard to prove that the driver was ok, etc. etc).

Today I got a check from Fedex for $59.70!! Not sure how they got to this number; I guess they added a portion of the freight cost.

I always use Fedex. I guess I will continue doing so.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited March 2008
    I've *knock on wood* never had a problem with Fed-Ex.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited March 2008
    fed ex bought my rti12's for me..
  • AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited March 2008
    yea fedex seems like they do well. i tell you i have had nothing but bad experience from DHL. i bought some rti70s from another member and low and behold when the DHL driver gets here, (no lie) its a 55 year old woman. not knowing this i am watching out the window and the driver sits there in the truck honking waiting for someone to come help them carry the boxes in. she couldnt even lift the boxes. soooo what was gonna happen if i wasnt home? then just a few weeks ago i bought my rti150s from **** and they absolutely smashed them when shipping them. my sister (who was home when they delivered) says the dhl driver brought the box to the front door and tossed it from shoulder height onto the brick porch. when i got home all the packing peanuts had spilled onto my porch because of the holes in the box from shipping. still havent heard anything from them about compensation either.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2008
    Im just skeered to buy anything electronic that has to be shipped. Ive got a couple things and have had no issues but I try to avoid it if I can. Trouble is, now that Tweeter has closed, nobody near me carries the RTi line anymore. Only thing around is the Monitors over at CC.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited March 2008
    McLeod, I don't think that the trouble [most of the time] is with the shippers. It's the sellers and the packing jobs. Exceptions apply.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • sb_caribou
    sb_caribou Posts: 32
    edited March 2008
    i dunno. i received some pretty beat up boxes with speakers in them. fortunately the speakers were fine, but apparently ups put them through the ringer along the way...
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2008
    I haven't heard much good things with DHL. I haven't used them once, but from the horror stories... the difference in price isn't worth the headache or any damage that could occur.

No guarantees that damage won't happen with the other shippers as well. But I have had good luck with FedEx. On average, FedEx seems to get my packages to their destination on time or one day earlier. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • danger boy
    edited March 2008
    yea fedex seems like they do well. i tell you i have had nothing but bad experience from DHL. i bought some rti70s from another member and low and behold when the DHL driver gets here, (no lie) its a 55 year old woman. not knowing this i am watching out the window and the driver sits there in the truck honking waiting for someone to come help them carry the boxes in. she couldnt even lift the boxes. soooo what was gonna happen if i wasnt home? then just a few weeks ago i bought my rti150s from **** and they absolutely smashed them when shipping them. my sister (who was home when they delivered) says the dhl driver brought the box to the front door and tossed it from shoulder height onto the brick porch. when i got home all the packing peanuts had spilled onto my porch because of the holes in the box from shipping. still havent heard anything from them about compensation either.

Ouch! Ummm.. I would not use foam peanuts for shipping anything audio related.. this includes, CDP's, speakers, amps, pre amp, etc. Foam peanuts don't offer enough support and tend to settle and move during transit.

Use solid core foam. The rigid kind. :)
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited March 2008
    LOL... foam...

Well anyhoo, Fedex has not failed yet...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • danger boy
    edited March 2008
    Styrofoam like this is what i use. hasn't failed me yet. :D
  • AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited March 2008
    well actually the person who shipped the speakers paid them to properly package the speakers for shipment..anddddd obviously they didnt
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited March 2008
    I've usually had good luck with FedEx, much better than the other services...
  • danger boy
    edited March 2008
    sorry that happen to you Adam... speakers need extra care and most places don't do a good enough job with them. The speakers I have shipped, which are three pairs of Monitor 7's and one pair of RT 1000i's. were all packed by me. I felt better knowing that they would hopefully arrive in good condition. and so far all have.

sorry though about your's and hope you get a settlement from the shipping company.