Father forgets to drop 8 mo. old off at daycare

candyliquor35m
candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
(he went to work all day and forgot she was still in the car with him in the back seat)

A grand jury is expected to decide whether to indict a father who forgot to drop his 8-month-old daughter off at a day care center Friday, leaving her to die of heat exposure in the back seat of his sport utility vehicle, officials said Saturday.

The Harris County District Attorney's Office and Child Protective Services are investigating. No charges are pending against Daniel Fu, who left his daughter, Allison, in her car seat during a day of record-breaking heat in Houston.

Intentionally or knowingly leaving a child unattended in a motor vehicle for longer than five minutes is punishable under Texas law. CPS investigators will be looking for signs of "neglectful supervision," CPS spokeswoman Gwen Carter said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5622839.html
Post edited by candyliquor35m on

Comments

• Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited March 2008
    No excuse. I hope they throw the book at him.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited March 2008
    i say they stick him in a car and cook him just like he did his little girl
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited March 2008
    i say they stick him in a car and cook him just like he did his little girl

Bout right....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • CAvolleyballguy
    CAvolleyballguy Posts: 156
    edited March 2008
    man you all are harsh... depending on the situation, if it was not intentional...

if we can assume he was a good man and a good father, consider his life is already over, he killed his child. His wife will probably leave him or hate him forever, he will never forgive himself. He will be a social outcast at work. Imagine the grotesque feeling of horror that came over him when he found his child and realized what happened...
    i mean holy ****...it's a horrible story no matter which way you slice it, regardless of the ending he faces.
    Rti10 front, csi5, Rti6 surrounds, PSW505, B&K200.7s2, Onkyo705.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,425
    edited March 2008
    man you all are harsh... depending on the situation, if it was not intentional...

if we can assume he was a good man and a good father, consider his life is already over, he killed his child. His wife will probably leave him or hate him forever, he will never forgive himself. He will be a social outcast at work. Imagine the grotesque feeling of horror that came over him when he found his child and realized what happened...
    i mean holy ****...it's a horrible story no matter which way you slice it, regardless of the ending he faces.

You nailed it.

This doesn't sound like that Peoria, IL case where (probably junkie) parents just ditched their kid in the house and took off for a while. The courts will do what they have to do, but if he's just a decent father who absent-mindedly committed the f**kup of a lifetime, there's no one that can hurt him more than he's already hurting.

God grant eternal comfort to his daughter.

God grant him peace.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited March 2008
    No matter what the law does to him, he's going to be punished for the rest of his life. By himself. If it was an accident I don't think there any need to punish him more than he already is going through. If that happened to me with my son, there would be one last thing I would ever do, I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited March 2008
    Sami wrote: »
    If that happened to me with my son, there would be one last thing I would ever do, I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about.
    Yes I do, and I'd prolly do the same. :(
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited March 2008
    Yeah it's hard to say what this guy was thinking. I mean it blows hard that it happened, and I cannot even imagine the anguish, but on the other hand a kid died, and he was responsible for it.

One thing I have to say, and this is directed at no one, but when you have kids you better have your head screwed on straight at all times. Life right now is very difficult with the daily stresses we all endure, let alone having a child, or two. People really should think twice now days about their personal priorities and/or giving up those priorities you love in the sake of having children.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    Well one thing is for sure, he apparently doesn't or didn't think about his kids during the day......Hmmm, I wonder how my daughter is doing in day care today, I hope everything is going okay.....It was nice having her with me this morning while I went to work.....Oh ****........
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited March 2008
    Lorthos has a point. I'm not even going to offer an opinion because I dont even want to think about it. let the prosecutor and defense attorneys earn there cash on this one
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2008
    Seems like a good time for a hangin'
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2008
    I had a mother yesterday who forgot her sleeping kid in the hot car while she took all the other children in shopping at the mall. The kid was crying and sweaty. She truly did forget her or at least did not realize that she wasn't with the rest of the herd.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited March 2008
    I had a mother yesterday who forgot her sleeping kid in the hot car while she took all the other children in shopping at the mall. The kid was crying and sweaty. She truly did forget her or at least did not realize that she wasn't with the rest of the herd.

Yeah, **** happens, so don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Well, uh, you know what I mean...
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • SBrown712
    SBrown712 Posts: 202
    edited March 2008
    There was a woman that left a grandchild in a car here in Atlanta last summer and the child died. If I remember correctly DA decided not to press charges.