22+?: Who's With Me? Shave Your Head If The Rockets Win Their Next Game

candyliquor35m
candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Let's have some fun. I didn't want to jinx them before they won #21 to have the 2nd longest winning streak in nba history but now they're at 22 in a row after beating the Lakers today.

They have their work cut out for them to pass the 71-72 Lakers 33 game win streak with Wilt Chamberlain at center :D

http://www.nba.com/news/winning_streaks.html

I'm in. Anyone else?

Before and after pics required :p
Post edited by candyliquor35m on

Comments

• SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited March 2008
    I'll shave my junk. Are pics still required?
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,425
    edited March 2008
    I'll shave my junk. Are pics still required?

Pass.

:D
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2008
    who cares.

The NBA has been irrelevant for a decade.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2008
    Let's have some fun. I didn't want to jinx them before they won #21 to have the 2nd longest winning streak in nba history but now they're at 22 in a row after beating the Lakers today.

They have their work cut out for them to pass the 71-72 Lakers 33 game win streak with Wilt Chamberlain at center :D

http://www.nba.com/news/winning_streaks.html

I'm in. Anyone else?

Before and after pics required :p

I don't even know which city the Rocket's play in... and I don't care. Professional Basketball sucks. Haven't watched it since Michael Jordan retired the second time
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited March 2008
    Nope. Don't watch basketball.
  • candyliquor35m
    edited March 2008
    So far that's 3 yes's, a maybe and a indecent exposure :D

Celtics are in town tuesday night.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2008
    How about I show you a pick of the several hairs that end up in the sink every morning instead?
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Polk user
    Polk user Posts: 311
    edited March 2008
    They run down the court and throw the ball in the net then they run to the other end and do the same thing. Who cares? What a boring sport. How much fun would a hockey game be with no goal tenders? Same thing.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited March 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    who cares.

The NBA has been irrelevant for a decade.

BDT

I think your new acronym / sig should be BST.

Either for Bold Statement Troy or the more obvious Bull$hit Troy

:D

I like the NBA, an am impressed with the Rockets doing so much with relatively little talent compared to some other teams in the west. Tribute to how well a team can play when they get on a roll and have that confident/invincible feeling.

But, I do agree that after watching some awesome college basketball games this weekend, the NBA seems slow, contrived, and can occassionally be uninteresting until the playoffs start.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited March 2008
    I never watch pro basketball. Haven't in years. I do enjoy some college ball especially since we're into March Madness but I haven't kept up with it that well the last couple of years.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    edited March 2008
    This is truly a feat by a team that is not full of talent. Rick Adelman does deserve some of the credit - keeping this team gelled aftrer Yao's departure for the season. T-Mac is a true leader and also deserves a shout-out.
    [
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2008
    You have obviously never seen my head. No way Jose.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • candyliquor35m
    edited March 2008
    No I haven't but my hair is currently about 1/4" long so it's a no brainer for me :)
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited March 2008
    I'm pretty sick of the NBA, David Stern and that @#!$!****! Clay Bennet. The NBA can stick it where the sun don't shine. It was great to see the Oklahoma Sonics give up 168 points the other night. What a joke!
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited March 2008
    i feel like i'm back in HS at a pep rally or something. just waiting for someone to suggest we paint our chests
  • candyliquor35m
    edited March 2008
    You guys are off the hook. No heads will be shaved until PF.

The rockets lost last night to the celtics who have the best record in the nba right now. It's good to get the monkey off their back. They were tired. McGrady needed a iv after friday nights game and he didn't score the whole first half on sunday against the lakers and they still won.

48 days without a loss including the whole month of feb.

No team has done this since wilt chamberlain's lakers, not even jordan, jabbar or kobe.

Maybe someone will do it again in the next 35 years, maybe not.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5631440.html

Now back to watching your figure skating :)