best 10" sub on 215 watts?

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited December 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
need to find a good 10 inch sub that'll take 200-250 rms.

looking at the old polk EX II's, old mtx 6000 (non-aluminum cone), and current rockford HE... i can get either of the three for about 60-80 dollars new/unused.

opinions??
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments

• dahlanfire55
    dahlanfire55 Posts: 5
    edited December 2002
    the exll is a excellent sub in my opinion i used one for two years of lots of abuse and it never once gave me the slightest indication of failing. i drove it hard most of the time and not a sqeak.a friend says the rockford sub you speak of is ok but has had a couple blow up on him the mtx haven't messed with so i won't comment . happy sub hunting. p. s. the exll i refered to is stiil going strong in a buddy;s car. three years of service and still pounding. let the bass roll on
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2002
    thanks for teh reply! -- i was actually semi-decided on the exII when i went ebay hunting and found that the one that was new in box I had seen the day before was now gone -- all that was left was used ones... (this is where i got pissed of and threw a fit -- went to the car -- had a cigarette, came back in the house). Did some more hunting and found the JBL GT100 had good power handling (250 rms) and features very similar to the EXII and the DX. so for 60 bucks -- I've got one comin in the mail.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge