Canon Rock by funtwo: Now this is talent!

polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Who's into trying to match this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2xjJXT0C0X4
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2008
    I still don't get why people are impressed by this...

It really isn't THAT difficult. Go play some old classical guitar songs on a 12 string and get back to me about how impressive that was.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • CAvolleyballguy
    CAvolleyballguy Posts: 156
    edited March 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »

hilarious..

i agree. BUT in all fairness, that person is obviously talented, but yeah, for an electric guitar player difficulty of that song is probably just over medium, there are some fast notes and quick moves.

I play acoustic and never use a pick, I finger pick everything, couple different ways, but it would take me 10 years to learn how to play that song with a pick because I never use one, but I would not be motivated...never was..
    check out Taj mahal playing ragtime blues, with out of phase timing...difficulty level 10... or some of the beatles or paul simon stuff that they hand picked.. not easy, (but it doesnt LOOK as impressive) but to those that know, know it's hard to do well.

thanks for the vid though, it was fun
    Rti10 front, csi5, Rti6 surrounds, PSW505, B&K200.7s2, Onkyo705.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, I love that vid. Great song. Great player. Very entertaining.

Whether it's super hard or just marginally difficult, it sounds great and I'd love to be able to play it! :)
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    The kids IS talented, but....I'm more impressed watching someone cut loose on banjo.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited March 2008
    I'd like to hear what he's doing without the background music..........because it sounds a bit too jumpy (note, stop, note, stop, note, stop, etc.)......

That aside.......I like this version better:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7Jh1BV1EOc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7Jh1BV1EOc&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2008
    that's awesome! this one is more "realistic" and cast no doubt that he CAN play!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2008
    brettw22 wrote: »
    I'd like to hear what he's doing without the background music..........because it sounds a bit too jumpy (note, stop, note, stop, note, stop, etc.)......

Ok, that one's really awesome, too!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited March 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »

It really isn't THAT difficult. Go play some old classical guitar songs on a 12 string and get back to me about how impressive that was.

im still waiting for the video of you doing it.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited March 2008
    That pretty impressive.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited March 2008
    This kid is a little bit better:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ok3EjsCmIu0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ok3EjsCmIu0&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited March 2008

My brother's Washburn bass was signed by Michael Angelo when he was doing an event at a local music store.
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited March 2008
    Mazeroth wrote: »
    This kid is a little bit better:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ok3EjsCmIu0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ok3EjsCmIu0&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

It says this vid is no longer avail.. What was it titled?

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited March 2008
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    It says this vid is no longer avail.. What was it titled?

Um, works for me?
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2008
    brettw22 wrote: »

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7Jh1BV1EOc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7Jh1BV1EOc&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Yep. I agree. The first kid's timing is of. The second guy has rhythm.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    edited March 2008
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2008
    im still waiting for the video of you doing it.

Gee, this response wasn't overly prdeictable :rolleyes:

In high school, I could have easily, but since I havn't picked up a guitar in 15 years, it would probably take me about 3-4 months to get to that level again. But then I have better things to do then sit in my bedroom all day practicing guitar and posting videos of myself.

Again, if you just dabble around on the guitar or never picked one up, I can see how this might be impressive, however, if you actually truly played one seriously, this is child's play.

Let me put it this way: If it was soo damn hard and impressive, how come there are hundreds of video's of EMO putz's doing it in there bed room?

Edit: The Asian kid is much, MUCH better.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin