Now THIS would make soccer entertaining........

brettw22
brettw22 Posts: 7,624
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
<div style="text-align:center;"><embed src="http://www.dailyhaha.com/_vids/Whohah.swf?Vid=parkour_soccer.flv "type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed><br /> More <a href="http://www.dailyhaha.com">Funny Videos</a></div>
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
Post edited by brettw22 on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2008
    Wow. Those guys are...insanely good....
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2008
    Clever video editing would make soccer interesting? :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited March 2008
    Some of it was real. I like the idea of 5 aside "Parkour Football" played only on rooftops...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • bobman1235
    edited March 2008
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Some of it was real. I like the idea of 5 aside "Parkour Football" played only on rooftops...

Sure, I agree, the people and backgrounds were real.

The ball? Not so much.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2008
    Made me think of Forrest Gump ping pong.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2008
    Bah, they suck.

This will show you how it's done.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7jMjqVqdzg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7jMjqVqdzg&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited March 2008
    hahaha i love how they can kick a soccer ball 5,000,000 MPH but once the other team gets the ball it took them like 4 minutes to run down the field
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2008
    I guess the HAVE TO DO SOMETHING to make the game halfway interesting....:rolleyes:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jflail2
    edited March 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Sure, I agree, the people and backgrounds were real.

The ball? Not so much.

The insane stuff definitely not. But the kids heading the ball back n forth looks real, and I have seen the 2 balls trick right after that in first person (8-11 seconds). All the other crap looked fake.

I played soccer forever, and some people have some amazing footskills, just not that good :/

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited March 2008
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Some of it was real....

How do you determine which part is real and which part ain't? Just curious, is all.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • jflail2
    edited March 2008
    Early B. wrote: »
    How do you determine which part is real and which part ain't? Just curious, is all.

About .1% is real after having re-watched it in its entirety, but I've seen a bit of it in person (like the snippet I mentioned in my previous post.)

I got the lucky chance to play on an all English team when I lived over there, so I got to see some pretty wicked footskills at work.

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited March 2008
    Those guys in the first video seemed Brazilian. Or from some country in South America. There is a martial art there, I think it's called Capoeira? Might have speeled that wrong. But it's pretty extreme in the movements. I've seen it used at mixed martial arts fights in the old PRIDE series before the UFC bought it out. It's brutally powerful and the people who practice it to some level of expertise look like acrobats without the trapeze. Alot of the stuff they were doing with those soccer balls looked like that. Maybe it was real, maybe it was fake, I dunno but I have seen human beings actually move like that.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • jflail2
    edited March 2008
    Those guys in the first video seemed Brazilian. Or from some country in South America. There is a martial art there, I think it's called Capoeira? Might have speeled that wrong. But it's pretty extreme in the movements. I've seen it used at mixed martial arts fights in the old PRIDE series before the UFC bought it out. It's brutally powerful and the people who practice it to some level of expertise look like acrobats without the trapeze. Alot of the stuff they were doing with those soccer balls looked like that. Maybe it was real, maybe it was fake, I dunno but I have seen human beings actually move like that.

Definitely. This reminde me more of Parkour or free running or whatever its called.

m&m aside, this video is pretty amazing, and there's lots more online as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jquXcwooV6A

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited March 2008
    THe name of that first clip I posted was Parkour Soccer........fake or real, it's badass IMO
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2008
    I can never see these new video's you guys post, locked out I guess.

But for me the thing that makes soccer most interesting are the soccer moms.

RT1
  • Imperitor
    Imperitor Posts: 235
    edited March 2008
    regular soccer isn't interesting?
    7.1 HOME THEATER:
    Center: CSi3
    Front: RTi10
    Surround: RTi A3
    Rear Surround: RTi4
    Subwoofer: Mirage Omni S10
    TV: Sharp Aquos 42" 1080p LCD
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805
    Blu-Ray Player / CD Player / DVD Player / Media Server / Game Console / Best money I've ever spent: 60GB PS3
  • bobman1235
    edited March 2008
    THe name of that first clip I posted was Parkour Soccer........fake or real, it's badass IMO

I agree it's neat as a film, as long as no one's under the delusion that it's in any way real. It's neat like watching the fight scenes in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is neat. Sure, they fly around, but it's fun to watch.

Correct. Several hours of nothing at all happening is classified as "not interesting" by most people.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2008
    Correct. Several hours of nothing at all happening is classified as "not interesting" by most people.

Except to baseball fans...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • bobman1235
    edited March 2008
    Fair enough. The only thing that gives baseball the edge over soccer is it's broken up into bite sized chunks of boring, and even with it broken up things happen more often - there's hits and base-stealing and strike outs. They're BORING things, don't get me wrong (I'm not a huge baseball fan), but there are things that happen. As opposed to soccer, where nothing ever happens. There are almost no goals, and aside from goals, there are no other things that happen. The ball is just kicked around, and occasionally someone gets head-butted in the chest.

It's like if you have to read a boring book, but at least it's broken up into dozens of chapters so you feel like it's moving along. The same book without chapters is torture.

Soccer is the book without chapters.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2008
    Face wrote: »
    Bah, they suck.

This will show you how it's done.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7jMjqVqdzg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7jMjqVqdzg&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Crouching Ball and Hidden Ballsack?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited March 2008
    Fair enough. The only thing that gives baseball the edge over soccer is it's broken up into bite sized chunks of boring, and even with it broken up things happen more often - there's hits and base-stealing and strike outs. They're BORING things, don't get me wrong (I'm not a huge baseball fan), but there are things that happen. As opposed to soccer, where nothing ever happens. There are almost no goals, and aside from goals, there are no other things that happen. The ball is just kicked around, and occasionally someone gets head-butted in the chest.

It's like if you have to read a boring book, but at least it's broken up into dozens of chapters so you feel like it's moving along. The same book without chapters is torture.

Soccer is the book without chapters.

Though I agree that soccer can be really boring, I always find myself watching it every four years with the world cup. Just to watch the world come together for one game is a sight to see. Something no other sport is able to do.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited March 2008
    I agree it's neat as a film, as long as no one's under the delusion that it's in any way real. It's neat like watching the fight scenes in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is neat. Sure, they fly around, but it's fun to watch.

How is it not real? There is nothing in that video edited. Does it make for good game skills in an actual soccer game? No, it doesn't. But all those flips, spins, kicks and so on and so forth are very real. The second video is a clip from Shaolin Soccer and that was alot of CGI and such. But the first video is real people doing real things with a soccer ball.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    Wait a second .... are you saying that the Shaolin Soccer clip, where the keeper's gloves burn off, isn't real ?!?!

:eek:
    Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »

Truth be told,nuthin' more boring than watching baseball.Soccer is a tough sport,no rest,no stopping like in football after every play.Those dudes have to be fit.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited March 2008
    Imperitor wrote: »

Uh......No
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • bobman1235
    edited March 2008
    How is it not real? There is nothing in that video edited. Does it make for good game skills in an actual soccer game? No, it doesn't. But all those flips, spins, kicks and so on and so forth are very real. The second video is a clip from Shaolin Soccer and that was alot of CGI and such. But the first video is real people doing real things with a soccer ball.

HOW is it not real? Uh... cuz it's not? I have no doubt people CAN do SOME amazing things, and maybe a few of the shots in that video are real, but no way in hell are two kids standing on rooftops doing flip kicks back and forth. Sorry, I'm not gonna believe that one unless I see it, and even then I'd be skeptical.
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2008
    I could do that. :)
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2008
    Well John, here's how I know it's not real: I've never seen ANYONE do ANYTHING close to that in real life.

Here's an easier test: Go to you tube and watch highlights of Ronaldihno. He is probably the worlds best player with a ball at his feet, or at minimum, the flashiest and most creative. Watch what he can do, then compare it to the video.

Good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0NlcUW7snM
    Goto about 2:30 in, that's as close as people can get to Brett's vid.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »

I fall asleep watching baseball. I get too bored of watching soccer to allow enough time to fall asleep to it.

The beauty of baseball lies in its subtleties.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2008
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    The beauty of baseball lies in its subtleties.

Same with Soccer, most don't realize that the stratagies in soccer are on par with College or Pro Football, however most people just see a bunch of guys running around. To me, football is so popular because it stops, then people can recognize what's going on, then it starts again. Soccer doesn't do this hence, it just looks like a confusing mess to the untrained.