Got a new SUV in Japan

Sherardp
Sherardp Posts: 8,038
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
I had this imported into Japan after doing some homework. Its a 05 Cadillac Escalade with a few mods. Running the 6.0L V8. I'll put a supercharger on it this summer after my business trips are done. Current mods, Platinum Headlights, 24inch Sting Wheels, T-rex billet grill, EBC Rotors, with tons of others parts on order, which include my Corsa exhaust with twin 4"tips. Stero system goes in this weekend (alpine 9887, hifonics 2607d amp, 2 15"alpine type R's, MB quart components, Bostwick 4100x amp). Stock Bose system overall isnt too bad, just need more umph.
Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
Post edited by Sherardp on

Comments

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2008
    not surprised here, baller. dig the rig. show them japanese what american muscle is all about.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited March 2008
    Nice Caddy! I just hope the gas prices are better in Japan than the US. I thought about getting an SUV, but you just can't beat a mini-van!:p

Mike
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
    edited March 2008
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Stero system goes in this weekend (alpine 9887, hifonics 2607d amp, 2 15"alpine type R's, MB quart components, Bostwick 4100x amp).

See what happens when you have friends like me to guide you.:D Although I'm not gonna lie, I can't wait for my bro to get into his new crib so he can show off that new H/T rig. I had nothing to do with that either.;)
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited March 2008
    Nice ride...american muscle all the way :D The only thing that does surprise me is that the big rim ghetto look is actually popular in Japan ?

They are usually form follows function over there ( My fav was their kick **** smaller displacement motorcycles in the 80's and 90's ) ...and with those rims having no function whatsoever ( Try offroading a 4 wheeler with an inch or 2 of sidewall...I have seen some try..they dont get very far.....even street performance takes a dump once you go over a certain part of the curve...too much weight per wheel ...etc )

I am surprised that is a popular item over there.

I do like the future supercharger ...same thing is in my rides future :)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Sherardp
    edited March 2008
    Grimster74 wrote: »
    See what happens when you have friends like me to guide you.:D Although I'm not gonna lie, I can't wait for my bro to get into his new crib so he can show off that new H/T rig. I had nothing to do with that either.;)

Major Shout out to my bud Grimster, he has given me advice on many occassions, hey I'm hoping those 15s pound like u said bro.

As for the wheels, I wouldnt really call it Ghetto. I ordered the rims from cali and had them shipped. Ghetto would be 30 inch wheels, lime green paint. Plenty of people ride 22s, 24 inch wheels. I do agree with you that they are heavy, hence the reason I upgraded the stock rotors and brakes. Love the power, I cant wait to see what the supercharger adds. thanks for the compliments guys

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2008
    nevermind shadow's take on the rims. that **** is just straight pimp-alistic!

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2008
    So, um, did you get an XBox installed in it yet? :)

Nice wheels, bro.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2008
    According to CNN, gas in Japan was around 4.25/gallon in US prices more than two years ago, I can't imagine it came DOWN.

Wouldn't have been my first choice of vehicle based on that :)

Congrats though :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2008
    Looks pretty awesome! I'm not a fan of the 20's, man, but I'm guessing there are some 20 inch rims that would look good on that Caddy; I just wouldn't have chosen those.

Other than that, it looks awesome! I love that grill! However, I would love to see color-keyed side mirrors rather than the chrome!

Can't wait to hear how it does with the supercharger! :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2008
    Post pictures of your new car and get **** about your rims. Gotta love this place. :rolleyes:
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited March 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Post pictures of your new car and get **** about your rims. Gotta love this place. :rolleyes:

There wasnt any **** involved...thats called an opinion , and it was ONLY mentioned because the vehicle was in Japan not here. If he had said it was his new ride HERE I would have just said killer ride and left it at that.

You can tell by his response that he understood I wasnt knocking his ride...as a matter of fact I gave it quite a few compliments....so quit your crying.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2008
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    Nice Caddy! I just hope the gas prices are better in Japan than the US. I thought about getting an SUV, but you just can't beat a mini-van!:p

Mike

Chances are if he is putting a supercharger on it, he does not care much about gas mileage.
    Venom
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2008
    There wasnt any **** involved...thats called an opinion , and it was ONLY mentioned because the vehicle was in Japan not here. If he had said it was his new ride HERE I would have just said killer ride and left it at that.

You can tell by his response that he understood I wasnt knocking his ride...as a matter of fact I gave it quite a few compliments....so quit your crying.

You can tell by your response you assumed I was talking about you.

LRN2READ DEFENSIVE CLOWN.
  • Sherardp
    edited March 2008
    I wont do the 20 monitors and xbox. Just upgrade the stereo system from the BOSE. As for gas I dont pay the high gas prices, I get gas on the military base, but when I did fill it up once off the Japanese economy it cost me 120 bucks in yen. So yeah its crazy expensive. I'll do a few more mods, exhaust, engine, supercharger and call it a day. Its a Cadillac so I dont want it to look "ghetto fab". You guys crack me up. I dont mind the opinions at all.

• SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited March 2008
    How does that fit on the streets of Japan? Nice Cara Sherardp! You going to put your Rti12s in the doors?
  • Music Joe
    Music Joe Posts: 459
    edited March 2008
    The Yakuza love Caddys don't they? Maybe some Armormax and LTA glass :D
  • Sherardp
    edited March 2008
    Fits pretty well, just dont so the back streets, those things are cramped. Not to mention in Japan, people park on the side walks ,and all kinds of crap. If you guys think they drive bad there(not to stereotype) in the USA, my goodness you cant even imagine what I deal with here. I try not to complain to much though. I'll have to get out there one of these days and take some cool pics of Japan and post em for you guys, let you see what the food is like, other cars, etc.

As for the yakuza, the young guys drive Benz, BMW, Cadillac and they love our Chrysler 300. Kind of makes you think what the heck youre doing wrong when a mid 20 yr old dude gets out of a Gallardo or a Ferrari.

• wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited March 2008
    I wonder why gas costs $3+ a gallon?

Nice ride! Looks sharp.
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited March 2008
    I'm not a fan of SUVs, to be frank, and low sidewall tires on anything but a sports car never made sense to me. It's a 4 ton monster, for crying out loud, putting low sidewall tires on it isn't going to make it handle any better! :rolleyes:

But, if SUVs are your thing, you've done well. Very shiny.
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3