A Big Thank You to Daboyz!

dkg999
dkg999 Posts: 5,647
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
I had to swap out TV's last night due to my Sony 34" CRT going bad and between the extended warranty payout and a good sale at Tweeter on the Sony 46" XBR5 LCD. No way I could move either TV by myself, especially the 34" CRT at 160 lbs! Dave came to my aid, and between his help and an appliance cart we got the old CRT out of my apt and in the dumpster! Many thanks to a helpful local Polkie!

BTW - the Sony 46" XBR5 LCD is awesome!
DKG999
HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
Post edited by dkg999 on

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2008
    Nice! polkies helping eachother is a good thing. Thats why I love this place.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited March 2008
    Nice... I was waiting for my Sony 32" CRT to die but it just wouldn't, so I broke down and bought a 52" Sony LCD (W3000). The picture is insanely good. Its funny to almost double your screen size while also cutting the weight in half!
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited March 2008
    Doug's been great to me so it was the least I could do. That damn CRT was a beast getting it into the dumpster:( I tried to get him to leave it by the side and I figured someone would grab it by the A.M. but nooooooo!:D

My pleasure,mi amigo!!

P.S.

Thank God for that dolly or the two of us would probably be sitting in a doctor's office this morning.