Dr. Laura: Basically, It Is Silda's Fault That Her Husband Cavorted With Whores

bikezappa
bikezappa Posts: 2,463
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23575221/

Dr Laura says it's the wifes fault for not making the man feel good.
Post edited by bikezappa on

Comments

• bikezappa
    edited March 2008
    She's not getting much support out there.

Guys what do you think?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    Dr. Laura is a crackpot.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • bikezappa
    edited March 2008
    Maybe she is trying to sell a new book about how women should treat the men.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2008
    The only one less deserving of the "Doctor" moniker is Dr Phil.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2008
    Hey, if her message is for wives to not only have more, but more creative sex with their husbands, I'll support her message 100%!!!!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2008
    Women use this excuse all the time. He never pays me any attention...he's always working/hunting/golfing/whatevering...he doesn't bring me flowers...we don't talk...he doesn't meet my needs...blah, blah, blah. Women have been saying this for years and it is THE MAN'S FAULT when she went out to find "love" somewhere else. Why is this any different?

I'm not saying either is right...but why is it ok to blame husbands (and most every woman out there will nod in agreement that it wasn't ALL HER fault)...but blame the woman and all hell breaks loose...primarily from the women.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited March 2008
    Stay single and things stay less complicated.

I knew a guy who insisted on being married and insisted on cheating on every wife. He's on his third wife, cheated on her long before they got married and long after they got married. Actually this one is the one he cheated with on wife #2 (got that???). Haven't spoken to him in 6 months, so who knows if he is on divorce #3. I told him flat out before wedding #3 that he needs to just stay single and date around. He gave me the line..."But I love her!" No ya don't! Ya just love bangin her!

Oh yeah, he's got 3 kids, one from the first and two from the second. They are who I feel bad for.
    No excuses!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2008
    Someone needs to slap that fool!

Ya it's her fault that her husband is an unfaithful dog. Infidelity is wrong no matter who is cheating on whom. If you want to stray, have the guts to just get a divorce.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2008
    Bang sheep, they don't complain or talk back.
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited March 2008
    bikezappa wrote: »

What a brilliant woman. My new hero.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited March 2008
    The "Dr." is a ****.

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    A/D/S L710
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    I'm no shrink, but I know someone who had an affair,for both emotional and physical needs, and Dr. Laura is wrong. This schlep got busted with a HO!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited March 2008
    bikezappa wrote: »

Actaully she said that the wife may share some of the blame. I think it is obvious that in most cases when either member of the relationship strays, something wasn't "right" between them. There is very likely shared blame for that. In my years, I have seen a few of these and seldom does it completely surprise those around them. I'll grant that some men and women are just pigs and just cheat for the sport of it, but most people are not that way.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2008
    C'mon. The person who cheats is the person to blame. Period.

Both parties may be to blame for the relationship getting to that point, but anyone with even a modicum of integrity will get OUT of a relationship BEFORE resorting to cheating. If you're a coward enough to go behind someone's back and screw around just because you no longer get along, you're not going to get my pity, and you're most certainly accountable for your ACTIONS, whatever you feel their justification was.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited March 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Stay single and things stay less complicated.

I knew a guy who insisted on being married and insisted on cheating on every wife. He's on his third wife, cheated on her long before they got married and long after they got married. Actually this one is the one he cheated with on wife #2 (got that???). Haven't spoken to him in 6 months, so who knows if he is on divorce #3. I told him flat out before wedding #3 that he needs to just stay single and date around. He gave me the line..."But I love her!" No ya don't! Ya just love bangin her!

Oh yeah, he's got 3 kids, one from the first and two from the second. They are who I feel bad for.

I got a friend like that only it's a woman and not man. But she's "in love" with a dude that has millions. She's been dating him for 2.5 months. He took her to the Bahamas for Valentine's Day and all of a sudden she's in fairy tale land and moved in...with her son...to this dude's house and she says they "both" couldn't be happier. Only problem is that she sounds like a broken record because I've heard this story 6 times before. She even quit her job this time! Foolish IMO. No job, no money, no house, moochin off of him completely. No backup plan at all. I give it 8 months, tops and she's gonna land, hard this time too. Hopefully she'll learn.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited March 2008
    hey, if the governer dosent want to have sex with his wife, then i will for him. she's not bad at all!!!!
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    ^^^^^I KNOW!!!!
    Nothing pisses me off more than a perfectly good piece getting all DUSTY!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!