old vinyl discovery

jflail2
jflail2 Posts: 2,868
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
So I finally got curious enough to get into the crawl space of the house I'm renting, and I ran across some dusty old records. They have been exposed to hot/cold and I'm sure some humidity, so they may not be in good shape, but I wondered if one of you guys might want to give restoring them a go.

If someone is in the Asheville area and wants to give restoration a try, send me a PM and you can have them. Alternatively, I can bring them to the mini-fest in Charlotte this weekend if someone is going to be there that would want these things.

I can dig through them and get a title list if need be, but a lot if it looks to be "vinyl boxsets"?

If I can find my camera I'll snap a few pics to show what I mean by box set.
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
Post edited by jflail2 on

Comments

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited March 2008
    Man, I wish I was closer as I love vinyl! Someone out that way will have fun going thru those.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    I wish I lived close buy cause I restore records all day long.
  • jflail2
    edited March 2008
    Here is the only picture I could squeak out of my camera before the battery died. All 3 of these have multiple records in a book type cover, and the majority of the rest are like this.

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    I'll take the one with the toes!
  • jflail2
    edited March 2008
    I'll take the one with the toes!

Hahah, my woman would LOVE for me to get rid of those stinky old flip flops if you need a pair....I can even cover shipping.

Forgot to mention, all of the records seem to be jazz/big band type recordings, so no Zeppelin or anything like that here.

• jflail2
    edited March 2008
    Update: Giving them all to Stereoluver (Chuck) at the NC fest, so these are accounted for. Hope there's something in good enough shape to keep in this lot.