DVDs on the cheap

Options
burdette
burdette Posts: 1,194
edited December 2002 in Music & Movies
Last spring, I called every single video rental place in this town trying to find ANY copy (DVD or VHS) of Monty Python's Life of Brian. No luck. Last night, just happened to walk through the Target DVD section on the way to the kids' book section... and there it was.. widescreen Life of Brian DVD for $9.44.

Haven't seen it in ages and didn't get to finish it last night, but man, what a funny movie. I died last night during the 'stoning' scene.... Although it has lost some of its overall affect on me, I still like Holy Grail. The newer (better) DVD release was one of my first DVD purchases.

As Monty Python described Monty Python.. wonderful bad taste.
Post edited by burdette on

Comments

• woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited December 2002
    Options
    There is also a new SE 2 disc set out of "Life of Brian." I haven't bought it yet (haven't seen it any cheaper than about $28 at Best Buy but it came out soon after the "Holy Grail" SE. Hopefully that price will come down, because I would love to have it....looks like it has some great bonuses. The Holy Grail SE is great!
    Now if only they would do a "Meaning of Life" SE that would cover all of the (IMO) essential Python.
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT