ARRGH! I am getting tired of e-bay.

dfranks
dfranks Posts: 207
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Man, I am getting tired of ebay and the games played.
I purchased CSI-A6, 29 days ago. Several e-mails and several no responses later. I have just escalated the auction to dispute status.

The long and short of it is I have been without a center channel for 3weeks now and I cannot see this being resolved anytime soon. Been down this road too many times before. Almost tempted to close my account and cut my losses.

Sorry about the rant... I just had to vent.:mad:
Post edited by dfranks on

Comments

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    I haven't bought anything on there yet, but your post is ONE of the reasons I'm skittish
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2008
    so is your dispute with EBay or the seller? You are not receiving responses from the seller or Ebay?

I feel your pain Mr. EBay has gone down hill in the last year or so. While their fees continue to raise. DESPITE they claimed to have lowered their fees. In actuality, you are paying more now in fees than ever before.

Over the past year I've sold most of my stuff that i'm ever going to sell on there.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited March 2008
    I guess I've been lucky. I've had 709 transactions and only one that could be considered a rip-off, and that was settled through PayPal. As far as buying, as long as you stick with sellers that have enough feedback to properly evaluate them it's very unlikely that you'll get ripped. Also, as bad of a rap as PayPal gets, if you pay through them you have a certain degree of protection.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dfranks
    edited March 2008
    I have bought from this clown before they have good feedback, (99.1%) almost 1400 sales. I use payal with my credit card that way if I get shafted I just reverse the funds from my credit card.

Problem is it takes too damn long. I need a center channel!
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2008
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

I certainly have my gripes about eBay, primarily their ever increasing fees, and lack of action in handling issues, but overall I'm happy with all but one transaction out of at least 150. I'm just always really careful about watching other's feedback.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • SBrown712
    SBrown712 Posts: 202
    edited March 2008
    I've bought several things on ebay and only had a couple of issues. I was sold one thing as NIB and it was obviously used. I'm having issues with someone on a speaker right now.
    I'm almost willing to bet I'm having issues with the same person as dfranks. The stats are the same on my seller as he posted on his.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2008
    Buyer beware.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,691
    edited March 2008
    as Russ said.

FWIW, I effectively gave up on eBAY (except for small purchases such as vintage catalogs) a couple of years ago.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2008
    I haven't had a bad purchase yet, but I'm sure eventually the odds catch up.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited March 2008
    Rivrrat wrote: »
    I haven't had a bad purchase yet, but I'm sure eventually the odds catch up.

Same. However, I'm shying away from it now more than ever. Craigslist is my new haunt.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • HB27
    HB27 Posts: 1,518
    edited March 2008
    Ebay is in no way different than any other impersonal means of doing business on the net. I've been satisfied overall with their services and products I've bought and sold.
    I've had more problems ordering from Sears and Fry Electronics than I've had on Ebay. Only a dozen or so purchases and 3 problems. If possible they've made on line purchases even more impersonal and frustrating.
    It's imperative to READ feedbacks on Ebay to choose who you buy from. That's the real indicator of your chances for a successful and satisfying purchase.
    I've got over 1,500 transactions on Ebay and I've been ripped off more as a seller than I have as a buyer.
    It's just cyber sales and most of the crooked maggots haven't the balls to be a crook to your face. Just bottom feeders that can't look you in the eye.
    HB
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2008
    On average, I've had better experiences with Ebay than Audiogon.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited March 2008
    I don't buy electronics from ebay, other that if it a local seller. Hunting gear, house supplies (like pool cleaners) etc. I have no problem buying there, but I still prefer to buy from somewhere else.
  • dfranks
    edited March 2008
    *UPDATE* I escalated my dispute to a claim, requesting a refund. They sent me an e-mailssaying they would refund my money. All that after 30+ days and the buggers have still not shipped my A6. Apparently their inventory was in lockdown from Polk.

Don't know don't care, stopped off at Futureshop on the way home from work and paid $93.00 more inc tax and now I have a beast of a center channel in my ht room. Sounds good so far ,and I am looking forward to breaking it in.