What Would I Want from a $5500/hr prostitute?

2»

Comments

• margate21
    margate21 Posts: 105
    edited March 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Terrible news about Spitzer. Even the Lt. Governor didn't see it coming.

that is bad.. very bad...
    Home Theater
    lsi 15's, lsi c, lsi f/x
    onkyo 805
    sunfire tga 5200
    toshiba - xa2
    panasonic bd30
    sony kdl40v2500
    svs sb12+
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2008
    Spitzer is an idiot, everybody knows that if you kill the prostitute, you don't have to pay them.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    Germans are awesome.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008
    What would I want?

About 5,480.$ in change.......
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008
    The only thing I can say to that is..

MOVE THE DAMN SPEAKERS !!!!!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited March 2008
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Spitzer is an idiot, everybody knows that if you kill the prostitute, you don't have to pay them.

Throw her off a cliff?
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2008
    margate21 wrote: »
    that is bad.. very bad...

I wonder if Nancy Spitzers or swallows?
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2008
    other than the fact that he is a public figure and he should have known better (i.e. not to get caught), is it REALLY that bad?

Not to get into morality nor ethical discussions, but there are more pressing **** for the media to focus on, like price of oil...darfur...world hunger, etc. etc.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited March 2008
    I don't personally consider the act as being so bad, prostitution is legal in some areas/jurisdictions, overlooked in others, considered as a victimless crime in some areas around the world. Each of us can apply our own morals/ethics to the act. So while withholding judgement on the act of hiring a prostitute, the contradiction for what you portray to the public that you and your office stand for is what I have the issue with. There is also the damage to his family from the publicity of the act, and that is a private matter that I really think the press should stay away from, but obviously they won't.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited March 2008
    Terrible news about Spitzer. Even the Lt. Governor didn't see it coming.

:cool:In fact the Lt Governor didn't see anything coming!!!!!:cool:

Sounds like alot of money for Two Minutes work.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2008
    polkatese wrote: »
    other than the fact that he is a public figure and he should have known better (i.e. not to get caught), is it REALLY that bad?

Not to get into morality nor ethical discussions, but there are more pressing **** for the media to focus on, like price of oil...darfur...world hunger, etc. etc.

It's bad not because of what the act is (that just makes it more newsworthy since we can laugh at it), but rather that it is in fact illegal. Someone who is in charge of making and / or enforcing laws being caught breaking those same laws is what makes it newsworthy. Those in government are not supposed to be above the laws they create for us lowly plebes. If prostitution is no big deal (I don't think it is - why can you not pay for something that can be given away for free?) then it should be legal for everyone, not just those who are in a seat of power.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited March 2008
    I wonder if Nancy Spitzers or swallows?

Oh man this signals the end of this thread . . . didn't wingnut just get done yelling at all you guys for being classless?

Anyway, Nancy is a classy lady. I'm sure she acts opposite of what her name suggests.
  • polkatese
    edited March 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    If prostitution is no big deal (I don't think it is - why can you not pay for something that can be given away for free?) then it should be legal for everyone, not just those who are in a seat of power.

Therein lies the irony. If he get caught in Mustang Ranch, NV or Cathouse, would he be in trouble? The charge is not the actual procuring the service (I heard and read), but more of procuring the service across state line from NY to DC, which is a federal offense punishable up to 20 years in the slammer (so bubba can get a free service out of him...sorry, I digress, can't help it :) )
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2008
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    Oh man this signals the end of this thread . . . didn't wingnut just get done yelling at all you guys for being classless?

Anyway, Nancy is a classy lady. I'm sure she acts opposite of what her name suggests.

Maybe you two can get a pint of ice cream, turn on Lifetime and have a good cry together.
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited March 2008
    We need to legalize prostitution, and pot. Prices would come way down from that 5 grand price tag with a free market economy at work.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2008
    hockeyboy wrote: »
    We need to legalize prostitution, and pot. Prices would come way down from that 5 grand price tag with a free market economy at work.
    Yeah, until they start forming unions. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited March 2008
    Face wrote: »
    Yeah, until they start forming unions. :D

Your going to bring Ron back with that comment
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2008
    He was already back today.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited March 2008
    Here's the woman's MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/ninavenetta

2+ million hits in like a day or two
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    He was already back today.

He never left, it was a well choreographed swan dive designed to elicit sympathy that sort of backfired on him.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited March 2008
    polkatese wrote: »

Frances, I think you and I should go "shopping" together ;):p

There are far more important issues in the world to worry about. I could give a **** what the guy does for sex.

How's this for a twist. I'm up here in New York on business, a guy tells me the NY lottery had to stop taking bets on the number of Gov. Spitzer's hotel room that he and the hooker were using. Only in NY would they bet wildly on something like this.:confused:
    Carl

• polkatese
    edited March 2008
    You're on, Carl. But, I've no $80K to blow....:)
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited March 2008
    She's gonna cash in bigtime now! I bet Playboy has extended an offer to her already for probably 7 figures.
    No excuses!