FILMS and QUOTES

Options
George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited August 2010 in The Clubhouse
I will send a crisp new $10 personal check to the first individual who can match these quotes to the films they were stated in. I am GOOD for this. They will get harder as you go down the list. For an extra $5, give me the name of the quoter, either the actor, or the role they portrayed. 15 U.S. dollars here boys! Submit answers to:
njgrand@bellatlantic.net and title your message "quotes and films" so I don't think you're a virus. Please allow 4-6 yrs for delivery of winnings, as I may soon be getting an all expenses paid trip to Tajikistan, Uzbeckistan, or the soon to be Parkinglotistan, courtesy of the U.S. taxpayer. Thank you and good luck. Remember, you can't win if you don't play!

1. "Miss Ballou, I AM HERE!" (almost too easy)

2. "You got any idea who forked about a ton of manure down my well?"

3. "Who ARE those guys?"

4. "You're yella! Ya haven't got the guts!"

5. "If you weren't a dame, I'd kick you RIGHT in the stomach!"

MICAH! I would've commented on Jack Elam in Rio Bravo, but I feel he overacted JUST A TAD in that one. Still good though. Who did Ricky Nelson play in that one?

Good story for you too. A true one. My grandfather had a restaurant at W.139 St. and Broadway (when it was safe). It was the "Blue Sky Restaurant". When I was real young I used to go up there ALL the time, and was probably the boss' spoiled rotten grandkid that everybody had to tolerate. Mike Mazurki used to eat there all the time, and I remember him well. He was the consummate character actor from all the gangster films of the 40's & 50's.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
Post edited by George Grand on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited September 2001
    Options
    ...will you send me 1/5 of your crisp check, please?

Aaron
  • George Grand
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Because you need to get ALL the quotes correct. If you e-mail me with the correct answer to #3, I will send you a cassette tape with nothing on it. This cassette is blank cause it will contain NO laughter at your expense. Good try. Shouldn't you be pounding the pavement looking for a job? I know it's late, but a lot of places are open 24 hours.

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited September 2001
    Options
    What the heck's that? I don't even own one of those. Actually, I think I have some cheap Panasonic walkman-thing laying around somewhere.

Aaron
  • George Grand
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Next time you stop by, if you can tear yourself away from my wife, the former Theresa Talamonti (who seems to think you have redeeming social value), I will fix you up with a nice cassette machine. As of right now, that is the only medium I know of where you can find one of my favorite songs, "I Was a Teenage Zombie", from the epic film release of the same title. This cassette also contains a great song by Ben Vaughn called "Vibrato in the Grotto". I am heavily into monster/ghoul/zombie rock.

Zacherle
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I can only guess at a few of the five, so I'll be on the look ou for the rest.

Can anybody tell me where the line "We are Legion." comes from. No money, no cassette, but it's been bothering me.

George: That IS a great tape! Also, Bauhaus rules.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • George Grand
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Yeah, I've had it for about 15 years, and have no idea where I got it. Never saw the movie if there really was one. I'm only into those two songs. The rest is so-so. Never heard of Bauhaus. I am now out of here for the evening.

• gidrah
    edited September 2001
    Options
    You've probably heard "Bela Lugosi is Dead". It's the song that started the whole Gothe movement. Think that SNL skit with the Gothers down in the basement.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Peter Murphy is the MAN.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • George Grand
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Gidrah, I'm not sure I'm into Goth rock. Actually, I'm sure I'm not. Just naturally attracted to songs with titles like "Vibrato in the Grotto". The lyrics to "I Was a Teenage Zombie" are hilarious. My kind of stuff. I am a dyed in the wool, early ('66-74) Zappa, all Hendrix, Cream (when Clapton was pushing the envelope, not just selling records), Rolling Stones (only w/Brian Jones, it was HIS band), and Buddy Rich freak. Zappa's classical work is awesome. His early Mother's, with Aynsley Dunbar on drums, was the best musical ensemble I have ever seen. Barring NONE.

• gidrah
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I'm not really INTO Goth either. I just love Bela Lugosi is Dead, picked up a Greatest hits type CD and ended up liking most of it.

I pretty much agree with your other choices. While I like all Stones up the 90's, the stuff with Jones was much better. I only have a few Zappas though.:( I recently picked up the DVD of Hendrix at the Isle of Wight. Oh man, Red House makes me giggle with excitement and awe.

Of the Tokyo destroying Gidrahs.
  • George Grand
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Try Zappa's "Hot Rats", "The Grand Wazoo", or "Waka Jawaka". Minimum social commentary, MAXIMUM hair raising , way ahead of its time music.

• dbartol
    dbartol Posts: 66
    edited September 2001
    Options
    George, if there's a time they decide to send you out, give me an Email before you leave.

Darrin
  • George Grand
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Where the F&*! have you been? Damn I miss your insight on this forum!

As far as your request, will do, but be advised my dancecard is full.

Corporal Agarn
  • dbartol
    dbartol Posts: 66
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I've been around, just keeping a low profile. Email is a better way to contact me because I cut down on the # of forum posts that I read. Talk to ya soon, it's bed time for me...

M. I. C.- see ya real soon,
    K. E. Y.- why? because we like you!
    M. O. U. S. E.

Mouseketeer Darrin
  • George Grand
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Why you sentimental so and so! Look for that e-mail.

George
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Okay, here's a start...

#1 obviously is from "Cat Ballou."

#3 is less obviously from... "Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid," I think.

I'm still working on this.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • George Grand
    edited October 2001
    Options
    You're doing okay there Slick. Try just sending the answers to my e-mail address. Everybody posting answers will only serve to make it a team effort, which it is not.

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2010
    Options
    email sent

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    email sent

On other forums I belong to, digging up a long dead post is grounds for a timeout in the corner...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Man this was a strange place around the turn of the century, i'm finding.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited August 2010
    Options

You missed some of the best years of the forum.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • George Grand
    edited August 2010
    Options

Yup. Thank heaven, everything has been just fine since you got here.

Okay Ricardo, unload.
  • George Grand
    edited August 2010
    Options
    9 years. Almost. I will reward Ricardo righteously rest assured, at PolkFest. No inflation. You get $15, that's it. I smell internet/google all over this one senor. He aced it.

Definitely nominated, I can't remember if he won the oscar that year. He should have. The horse too.

I'm not 100% sure about Frankie Ballou talking to Strawn about the manure. But it was definitely Frankie Ballou who said it, so you got it.

1. "Miss Ballou, I am here!"

Lee Marvin (Kid Shilleen) to Jane Fonda (Cat Ballou) from "Cat Ballou". Pre "Hanoi Jane", I think Lee Marvin either won, or was nominated for an Oscar portraying TWO roles in this film.

2. "You got any idea who forked about a ton of manure down my well?"

Frankie Ballou to Lee Marvin (Tim Strawn) in Cat Ballou.

3. "Who ARE those guys?"

Robert Redford (The Sundance Kid) to Paul Newman (Butch Cassidy).

4. "You're yella I tell ya! Ya haven't got the guts!"

Karl Malden to Steve McQueen (Max Sand) in Nevada Smith.

5. "If you weren't a dame, I'd kick you right in the stomach!"

Peter Falk to Hope Lange (Queenie) in Pocketful of Miracles.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I will reward Ricardo righteously rest assured, at PolkFest.

George, I cheated. I couldn't take your money ;)

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=732&highlight=ballouated.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • George Grand
    edited August 2010
    Options
    At one time I was going to donate my brain to science. I still might if they need bait that bad.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited August 2010
    Options
    At one time I was going to donate my brain to science. I still might if they need bait that bad.

They couldn't find your brain with an electron microscope...:p;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gidrah
    Options
    Next time you stop by, if you can tear yourself away from my wife, the former Theresa Talamonti (who seems to think you have redeeming social value), I will fix you up with a nice cassette machine. As of right now, that is the only medium I know of where you can find one of my favorite songs, "I Was a Teenage Zombie", from the epic film release of the same title. This cassette also contains a great song by Ben Vaughn called "Vibrato in the Grotto". I am heavily into monster/ghoul/zombie rock.

Zacherle

George (of the Toasted Almonds),
    I just picked this up on vinyl and am about to give it a spin. I remembered this thread. Miss ya buddy.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    We all do, give it a spin knowing he is looking down watching. o:)
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    +1000
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/