Planning a Niagara Falls trip. Need some help.

Mazeroth
Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
I'm going to surprise my wife soon on her birthday with some plane tickets to Niagara Falls this July. Skybus has flights for $50 round-trip so I can't pass this deal up.

We went up there 6 or 7 years ago when I was around 20 and spent a day and a half mainly drinking and gambling. It was during the fall and the weather was pretty cold in the 40s so we didn't do many outside activities other than go to the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum. Now that we're a little bit older and like doing things other than drinking and gambling (don't worry, we're still going to), and since we're going in the summer, I was wondering what some must-dos are and how many days you would plan on staying there? Also, do you think it would be worth it to rent a car or should we just take a taxi or shuttle service (if they have one) from the airport to Niagara Falls? Oh, and Toronto is close-by so maybe we could check that out if we do get a car.

Thanks.
Post edited by Mazeroth on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2008
    Turn down the barrel ride;)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited March 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Turn down the barrel ride;)

Too late. That's already been paid for in advance.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2008
    Mazeroth wrote: »
    Too late. That's already been paid for in advance.

You, and the wife? Or just the wife:D
    Sorry I could not resist. You would have to meet my X:p
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited March 2008
    Not sure if you're into this but on the CAD side, there is a butterfly garden, which was beautiful and there are many great Vineyards about 20 mins outside of NF again on the CAD side. I forget which hotel houses the Keg restaurant, but we ate there and had a table right against the window and we had an amazing view of the falls.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited March 2008
    Definitely hit the Canadian side, when we were there it was much nicer than the American side...that was about 4 years ago
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,714
    edited March 2008
    Stay on the Canadian side and pay extra for a falls view hotel. Its worth it, trust me. The views are so much better on the Canadian side.

Also, do the Maid of the Mist boat ride, IMHO, the trip is not complete without it. That is the only way to fully experience the falls closeup.

Whatever you do, don't book or pay for activities/excursions in your hotel lobby because they mark up everything significantly. Go down by the falls and you can buy an all-in-one trip ticket that will hit most of the major attractions.

Plan on getting wet.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 819
    edited March 2008
    Plan to watch the rainbow lighting show they do in the night.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano