Freebie SDAs in Atlanta

billbillw
billbillw Posts: 6,714
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
I missed getting these by 15 minutes :mad:
EDIT: the post is gone now, but they were a pair of SDA-1 (originals) for free.

Anyone here get them? I actually talked to the guy and I was the 3rd caller. He said they are not in the best shape and have a bum tweeter. For free, it would be worth the drive though. Hopefully they are not going to somebody who will dismantle them and sell the parts on Ebay.
For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
Post edited by billbillw on

Comments

• Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2008
    Wait a minute.

You try to scam yourself a free pair of SDA's, yet you advocate us spending a bunch of money on a 400 buck standard def dvd player!!???

;)

Too bad you missed them. :(
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,714
    edited March 2008
    Rivrrat wrote: »
    Wait a minute.

You try to scam yourself a free pair of SDA's, yet you advocate us spending a bunch of money on a 400 buck standard def dvd player!!???

;)

Too bad you missed them. :(

Scam? The guy was offering them...I even told him they were worth a fair bit of money to the right buyer. He didn't care, just wanted them gone.

BTW, I never told anyone to buy that DVD player. I was only pointing out that it has a proper place in today's market, for those who want one of the best upscaling DVD players ever made; I also tried to put the pricing in perspective, afterall, it is half the price of the Denon DVD-2930, which caters to a similar market.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2008
    Did you see the wink?
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.