Post edited by sony ss-m7 on

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    Craigslist, NY:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/ele/594936893.html

$500.

The reviews on Audioreview seem positive; quite a number of folks removed a lot of lambs' wool damping material to bring these to life, though.

http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/sony/floorstanding-speakers/PRD_120615_1594crx.aspx
    Sal Palooza
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited March 2008
    I heard them at a store years ago. They looked better to me then they sounded. I have not heard them modified with the Lambs wool damping removed. I would say from what I remember they were a bit of lacking in the bottom end(Tight but weak). Especially for a driver of this size. Probably why people played with the damping.

These have been modded with new drivers and mids. Luckily they left the peerless tweets alone.
  • Spacedeckman
    Spacedeckman Posts: 96
    edited March 2008
    They are pretty good sounding if you feed them. They are pigs. Sony didn't sell anything in the US that would really drive them. The sort of thing that will happen when you don't give engineers parameters to go by.

Mark
    System:

VPI Scout/Benz Ace
    Sutherland PH2000
    Arcam CD72
    Yamaha DVD-CX1 (primarily for CD..26 lbs, all BB D/A)
    Audioprism Mantissa w/Reference PS
    Parasound HCA750 (temporary)
    Audiovector M1 Signatures
    Kimber 4TC x 2
  • Music Joe
    Music Joe Posts: 459
    edited March 2008
    Excellent imaging. Nice midrange in its own enclosure and looks a step or two above the Peerless Classic tweeter and woofer. A very stout cabinet.They're very much over stuffed with poly-fill [woofer] and lambswool [mid] stock.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    Dan Anagnos came from Sony, to Polk Audio and was an engineer until around 1999. He's no Stu Lumsden but is well respected in the community and to the best of everyones knowledge, left to work with the Harman group and eventually Boston Acoustics.....just some history for you losers.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.