Wahoo finally got my LSi15 setup

fumoffu
fumoffu Posts: 80
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
I finally got my left channel on monday. It's great I love these speakers! I have been listening to a lot of music in just 2 channel since I got them. I am not finding the need for a sub. I still have to tweak the setup a bit more, play with the toe-in, and get some longer speaker wire.

This is my home theatre room; well dedicated movie, music, and game basement/man cave. I built this huge DIY sub back in november. Renovated the room and put in a platform about 2 years ago. My sig, has details of many of my components. Just thought I share with my fellow polkies :)

Hrmm, I am am not too happy with these pictures, I'll try for some more tonight, and get the rear setup too.

Life is good!
:D:):D:):D
Home Theatre: Epson 5020ub, Elite Screen Sable Frame 100", Onkyo 818, Oppo BDP-103, Tivo Series 3, Xbox 360, Sealed Dual Sound Splinter RL-p 15" DIY sub powered by Behringer EP2500 with FBD, QSC RMX1400 powering LSi15, LSiC, LSiFX sides, and Lsi7 for the back, Technics SL-1200M3D
Post edited by fumoffu on

Comments

• venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2008
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited March 2008
    Looking good! There is nothing quite as fun as setting everything up for the first time, listening to it, and realizing you did right by it.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2008
    Congrats! For 2ch, I preferred the sound of them toed in also.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • fumoffu
    edited March 2008
    Face wrote: »
    Congrats! For 2ch, I preferred the sound of them toed in also.

How much toe do you like? Right now I have them so they are straight facing the center listening point. So you use that much toe or less?
    Home Theatre: Epson 5020ub, Elite Screen Sable Frame 100", Onkyo 818, Oppo BDP-103, Tivo Series 3, Xbox 360, Sealed Dual Sound Splinter RL-p 15" DIY sub powered by Behringer EP2500 with FBD, QSC RMX1400 powering LSi15, LSiC, LSiFX sides, and Lsi7 for the back, Technics SL-1200M3D
  • fumoffu
    edited March 2008
    Refefer wrote: »
    Looking good! There is nothing quite as fun as setting everything up for the first time, listening to it, and realizing you did right by it.

I so happy with my choice of speakers! But there are still many things that need work/improvement in my system. For example most of my components don't fit into my rack shelves anymore. I'd build my sub differently today now that I am using the lsi15s the way that I am. And that TV is just too small! :D
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2008
    I listened to them at friend's house and experimented with his speakers.

I believe having the speakers pointed towards my ears worked best for me. Just experiment with different setting. Don't listen to anyone else and see what works/sounds the best for you.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche