auston powers

Options
goingganzo
goingganzo Posts: 2,793
edited December 2002 in Music & Movies
who here got the new movie today?

it is sweet it is in dts es and dd ex what else can you ask foy yeah baby do i make you randy

the movie rocked
Post edited by goingganzo on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I rented it "yesterday". It was better than I was told. The Goldmember character was not funny at all. Some of the actual physical comedy was fun - had tears in my eyes a couple times from laughing. Sound was loud and clear. 6.1 DTS may have been a over kill for this movie when I thought many other movies should have got such a treatment. If I can get it for $15 I may buy it.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2002
    Options
    best buy has it for 14.99 and so do alot of other placeses plus bb will sell you blade or rush hour for 8 bucks of you buy it
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Goldmember

I just don't have the words to describe how bad this movie is...do not even watch it if you get it for free.

...and I really liked the first two.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I was disappointed, too. I really liked the first two, and actually went to see Gold Member in the theater a few months ago when the wife and kids were out of town. I thought the first half was really slow - didn't suck me right in like a good stupid comedy is supposed to. Doubt I'll buy this one.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Disappointing on a rental. I give it 4/10. Flashes of good and original mixed with way too much bad and rehash.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2002
    Options
    finally got around to watching Goldmember too last night. very disappointing movie. a few, very few funny parts in it. Yeah the Goldmember guy is not funny at all.

They did leave it open for another part though. with Scotty taking the seat as head of the evil empire. so a few years down the road.. look for Austin Powers #4 ugh!

I too liked the first two movies. This one is the worse one by far.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited December 2002
    Options
    i was disappionted in the movie it should have been better. the dts 6 channel sound was not good as it should be the sound was good at the starting only, that all. i fell asleep though most, my wife did to. i give it two thums down.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I liked the first two, but this one was disappointing. The first 20-30 mins is pretty slow and not funny. After that I laughed pretty hard, even in tears at one or two points. They introduced too many new characters and none of them developed much at all throughout the movie.

Beonce (sp?) - mmmmm. Her character sucked... but she's nice to look at.

*shazam!*
  • jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Two thumbs down,

It seem Austin Powers is an aquired taste. I'm not that sophisticated yet.
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death