Polk user Posts: 311
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Post edited by Polk user on

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2008
    4th time in 2 days.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited March 2008
    It was a comparison to Monster Cable, not really a surprising result.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2008
    I use them to chop up massive unflushable turds in the toilet.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited March 2008
    I'm confused. Are people posting this article because they want to prove all cables are hype or just Monster?
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited March 2008
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    I'm confused. Are people posting this article because they want to prove all cables are hype or just Monster?

Just proving that Monster can be bested by coat hangers. Not exactly a news flash to me :D
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited March 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »

That was TMI. :D
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited March 2008
    Oh ****, i'm ducking and covering for when F1Nut sees this post.

Incoming boys....grab some real estate! F1 is lockin & Loadin! :D
    No excuses!
  • Face
    edited March 2008
    avguytx wrote: »
    That was TMI. :D
    No, that was funny.
    Strong Bad wrote: »

Why, he doesn't use Monster.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Strong Bad
    edited March 2008

Ya might want to throw some of this in the diet occasionally.

http://www.metamucil.com/fiber-for-your-health.shtml
    No excuses!
  • Strong Bad
    edited March 2008
    Face wrote: »
    Why, he doesn't use Monster.

Shhhhh, he doesn't know that. We did the "Folgers Coffee" thing to him. We snuck in his home one day and secretly switched all his MIT Cables with Monster Cables.

The big dummy hasn't noticed yet. :D
    No excuses!
  • Face
    edited March 2008
    Let's try not to give the old man a heart attack. :D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited March 2008
    Of course there will be "audiophile" coat hangers now. British coat hangers have a slightly restricted top end, but glorious mid range bloom and superb imaging. Some enthusiasts will leave the paper "pants protector" on while others will argue it adds a mid range veiling. Do the white ones sound better than the brown or black ones? Does the "hook end" go to the amplifier or the speakers? Can I bi-hanger?
    Then there's the "mommy dearest" effect, after listening for a couple of hours you feel like Joan Crawford has worked you over. Should you suspend your coat hangers with clothes pins to keep them off the floor?
    Have fun, Ken
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2008

yo, the other year my buddy was telling me he HAS to do just that!!!

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2008
    Then there's the "mommy dearest" effect, after listening for a couple of hours you feel like Joan Crawford has worked you over. Should you suspend your coat hangers with clothes pins to keep them off the floor?
    Have fun, Ken

LMFAO!!!:D
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited March 2008
    Of course there will be "audiophile" coat hangers now. British coat hangers have a slightly restricted top end, but glorious mid range bloom and superb imaging. Some enthusiasts will leave the paper "pants protector" on while others will argue it adds a mid range veiling. Do the white ones sound better than the brown or black ones? Does the "hook end" go to the amplifier or the speakers? Can I bi-hanger?
    Have fun, Ken

ROFL! I just tried my high end wood coat hangers and they sounded like shite.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited March 2008

Like I always say "You never know where those coat hangers have been" :eek:
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2008
    I use the plastic coat hangers.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Face
    edited March 2008
    I like oil dipped hangers.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    Hmmmm. IF coat hangers work as well as Monsters, then all that silver brazing rod I got in the truck should work wonders
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited March 2008
    I don't see how wooden coat hangers would work in transferring audio/video signals..all our hangers are of wooden type...trust me after the money we spent replacing every single one in the new house I'm keeping them, but thanks for reminding me....
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2008
    BIZILL wrote: »
    yo, the other year my buddy was telling me he HAS to do just that!!!

It's amusing to me that this is a worldwide technique.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited March 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »

I'm reformed now. ;)

What's to say that hasn't been said before? There are those that don't believe and those that do. Neither side is going to change the others mind and the whole thing is old. I mean if someone is silly enough that they hook up their rig with coat hangers or Home Depot outdoor extension cord there is no way to reason with them in the first place, so why bother!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Face
    edited March 2008
    F1nut wrote: »
    I mean if someone is silly enough that they hook up their rig with coat hangers or Home Depot outdoor extension cord there is no way to reason with them in the first place, so why bother!?!
    Tell me about it. It's not worth the aggravation.
  • mule
    mule Posts: 282
    edited March 2008
    We are conducting tests now..

Jay Z has loaned paltinum rope conducters.

Mr T. has loaned us solid gold herring bone conducters.

We are comparing then to Walmart gold plated aluminum chains.

All connecters are princess cut zircon.

Its a single blind test (testers will be wearing welding helmets so they are swayed by the bling appeal)

Detailed results will follow ....
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2008
    I have an old chain link fence outside I am going to try. It has been in the winter weather up north so it has been "cryo" treated. It will be a bling shootout of the fence, my Audioquest DBS cables and a tire iron that I soldered to the RCA plugs.
    Venom
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2008
    I have replaced all my cables with coat hangers, it looks horrible--but sounds fantastic. I did short out 2 outputs though. Makes my system look like modern art.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2008
    Have fun, Ken

My findings exactly!

PRICELESS. That's the first post in a while that's made me laugh out loud.
    Thanks!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited March 2008
    My pleasure, glad to lift your spirits!