Props to DHL

zingo
zingo Posts: 11,258
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
I am just giving a shout out to DHL for shipping my speakers so well. I recently bought a pair of CRS+ on ebay and the gentleman shipped them through DHL. He did a good job of packing, but the best packing in the world can't make up for bad shipping. The speakers arrived in perfect condition. No dented tweeters or ductcaps; not drop damage or scratches. I know that many people have had a problem shipping or receiving speakers in the mail, but DHL seems to do it right. At least, I hope I didn't have an isolated experience.:o
Post edited by zingo on

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited March 2008
    I like DHL. They deliver to my doorstep by 9am!

There have been times when FedEx has delivered as late as 8pm.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2008
    I had my first experience with DHL on Monday. The package arrived 2 days ahead of time and was in great shape.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2008
    Props?

Oh SNAP!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    The problem is usually just as much the individual shipping the item as it is the shipping method. Glad to hear they wound up safe and sound.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Kris Siegel
    Kris Siegel Posts: 309
    edited March 2008
    Unfortunately I've had only bad experiences with DHL. One of the last things they shipped to me was a Nintendo DS and the guy dropped it pretty hard onto the concrete porch. Their customer service was much better though as they offered to cover everything if it was damaged; thankfully it was not. I have a few other stories with them but I won't de-rail your thread any further :)