Another component question

Billy J
Billy J Posts: 9
edited March 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a couple of sets of mmc6500's I'm going to install in a 1968 Mustang Coupe for my son. I was going to put one set in the kick panels in the front and one set in the back in the rear deck facing up behind the back seat. I have been reading on this forum for the past couple nights, ( I'm working midnights) that putting components in the back is a bad idea. So since I have already have these speakers in my possession what would be my best course of action.
Leave the back speakers out and go with the componenets in the front , and the subs in the trunk.
Put the components in the back along with the front and the subs in the trunk, and see how it sounds.

Thanks, Billy
Post edited by Billy J on

Comments

• cgarnes
    cgarnes Posts: 6
    edited March 2008
    It just so happens that I put DB components in a 68 Mustang as well. With mine I used the full component in the front, and the 6.5" drivers in the rear as a midbass running lowpass on my amp. If you don't have an amp on your speakers just use the passive crossovers as a lowpass. This way you keep your soundstage toward the front of the car. I'd like to see your kicks.
  • Billy J
    Billy J Posts: 9
    edited March 2008
    Thanks for the information. What 68 do you have. When we get done with it I will send some pics for you.

Thanks again, Billy