Goin' Under the Knife

2»

Comments

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2008
    bobman 2 constructive thoughts.

I had a labrum tear of the shoulder done a couple years ago. I was 30 at the time but due to the amount of time it was immobilized post op recovery took a long time due to atrophy of the muscles. I imagine with a hip tear you are not immobilized due to the limited range of movement of a Hip anyway...but rehab the hell out of it as soon as they tell you and stick with the home regimen religiously, because even though doing it sucks, not doing it causes more pain and discomfort in the long run.

2nd thought. If you had the operation done in a dedicated surgery center you can basically disregard this. But if you had it done at a hospital... the biggest worry going under the knife in a hospital is picking up a MRSA Staff infection. im a surgical rep... so pay attention to your body, if you feel fatigued or lethargic a week or two out, or have jaundice, loss of color, go see a doctor pronto. a friend just had a broken bone operated on and two months later was in real bad shape with a MRSA staff... not something to put off if you think you are sick post op... im sure it is in your instructions anway... but take 1000mg more of vitamin c per day than you usually do for at least a week post op. if you normally take 1000mg, take 2000mg. if you take 0, take 1000mg.

good luck with a speedy recovery.

Glutamine, Msm and Flax oil too.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.