New Years Resolution, Did you make one?

del44
del44 Posts: 686
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Just wondering if anyone has kept their resolutions. I wanted to eat better and lose weight doing it. So far I've dropped 30 lbs. I'm hoping to shed another 15 or 20. I work out a little, and my line of work helps too. Anyone else still on track?
Post edited by del44 on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited March 2008
    you lost 30 pounds in 2 months? congrats!!!!

I'm wanting to drop at least 60 this year......but i hate going to the gym, and it's been snowing way too much so i haven't really done much on that front.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2008
    Lose weight. Feel great.

That's mine. Done both and going to keep it up.

EDIT: Get laid before the first quarter of 2008 ends is somewhere between the lose weight and feel great part too....
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited March 2008
    Smoking. Busted already. First attempt. Regroup, get through the season, try again. Smoking rehab maybe.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2008
    Mine is the usual - lose weight.

I blew my shoulder out back in May doing heavy bench presses and cant lift really heavy anymore which is all I really cared about. So I got lazy and started half assing my workouts and got fat but now Im tired of it and want to get down to a 34" waist by June 21st but keep my 19" arms and 49" chest.

So far Im down from a 43" when I started the first of December, to a 38" right now but Im still at a 49" chest and 19" arms so Im not losing any size. It aint easy losing fat AND keeping and maybe even gaining a little muscle so its taking a lot longer than normal But so far so good.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited March 2008
    I make a resolution each year to make no resolutions. So far I have stuck to them perfectly every year without fail.
  • cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited March 2008
    Weight loss here too. I've lost 27 lbs since the first.

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    A/D/S L710
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2008
    To those of you losing incredible #'s of pounds from the first till now, don't forget to put in some weight training and build the muscle aspect of it too. If you don't, then when your diet stops all the weight goes right back on.

Remember pounds isn't everything....body fat percentage is what counts.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited March 2008
    For some, it's pounds and pounds alone. Rosie anyone?

It is true that hungry muscles will burn more fuel, but if you are trying to keep that muscle for aesthetic reasons, your vanity outweighs your good sense. No pun.

Anyone got a smoke?
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited March 2008
    Started working out again as part of new years resolution. So far since I started working out in october, I've lost 40 pounds and can comfortably where a 34 waist. It's amazing how good it feels to say that :D

What's your gym/eating routine? I'm on a low cal/fat/sodium diet right now and hit the gym 4 times a week for around 1 - 1 and a quarter hours.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • movtarget
    movtarget Posts: 125
    edited March 2008
    Read more often to the kids (on track).

Dedicate time to truly listen to music (instead of drive-time/just background) - (also on track)

Take care of some of the annoying paperwork at work in a more timely manner so it doesn't stack up and I do it all last minute (not on track)

Movtarget