Joined the New Car club

66chevyIISS
66chevyIISS Posts: 857
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
While it's not brand new, it's the newest car I've ever owned.

We picked up a 2006 Honda Accord EX-L, has 16,000 miles on the odometer. I opted for the 4cyl over the V6. It still has 166hp and is plenty fast for what we need. With an hour commute to work everyday we can use the better gas milage. Car is fully loaded with XM radio, heated seats, mirrors, etc.. only option it doesn't have is the Navigation which I didn't want anyways.

I'm pretty excited and it rides/handles great!

03517201b.jpg
My Home Theater (WIP):
Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
Media Room pics
Post edited by 66chevyIISS on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2008
    I can't remember if you're into car audio or not..........

But the biggest downside to me for the newer honda's is that they integrate their AC and radio displays into the same unit, making it impossible to upgrade your deck............

But can't go wrong with a Honda......it'll be around for a long **** time.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2008
    Congrats; great car ou have there (love the shiny wheels.....how long will they stay like that??).

The last 7 cars in this house have been Hondas. Most probably the next 7 will also be Honda. Can't get a more reliable car.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited February 2008
    Congrats man! We were looking at buying an Accord when we bought my wife her car. Looks like you found a really nice one as well and the gas mileage thing really helps. My wife went from getting around 10-12 in town to about 23. Talk about a major gas savings! What color is that? The front looks almost gray and the back looks blue.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited February 2008
    Thanks, the color is called Graphite Pearl. It is a Charcoal color with metallic in it. Depending on the sun it can sometimes look black and also a little blue shade to it.

Brett, I was curious about that. I had noticed the AC was built into the stereo unit. I hadn't really planned on changing the head unit so it's not a big concern, but you never know down the road. I might go to an aftermarket speaker at sometime but thats about it.

Ricardo, it's already rained a couple times! so the wheels probably won't be shiny for long lol.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2008
    What you'd have to do is basically leave the factory unit in place and you can buy external processors like a JL CleenSweep which basically gives you the better processing in place of replacing the deck to do it........then add whatever amps/speakers you want to run in conjunction with that............
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008
    Welcome to the Accord Club!

I have the 2008 version of yours. Almost same color, except mine is called Metallic Metal. 190hp 4cyl, black leather, practically fully loaded except no navigation. I like my new Garmin Nuvi 750 better anyway!

I freakin love it!

Brett is right, everything is intergrated into the dash unit, but I like the factory premium sound anyway. Not state of the art, but it's very nice though. The built-in XM rocks!

The great gas mileage ROCKS also!

Again, welcome aboard the Accord club!
    No excuses!
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2008
    Nice car! I have the 2006 Accord LX-SE as my daily driver/commuter car. Rides nice, drives nice, the I4 has amazing power, and the stereo isn't half-bad! I get 32 mpg commuting, and up to 37 mpg on trips. I did replace the factory air cleaner with a K&N, which seemed to help on mileage and performance.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
    COngrats on the new ride man.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited February 2008
    To me that is the best looking generation of Accord. I just can't warm up at all to the latest body style.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited February 2008
    Congrats. Hondas are awesome. That is all we drive now.
    Venom
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2008
    Congrats. Friend has the exact year and color, and it's sharp looking. Smart buy.
    -Ignorance is strength -