The time has come......

brettw22
brettw22 Posts: 7,624
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Well, I have decided to end my 19 month long test run of retirement. I have really enjoyed my time off and it allowed me to move from IL to UT, reconnect with family and friends, detoxify (from employer), golf, and overall just relax. The move to UT was about putting my personal life back in balance from a job that was 80-90% travel and therefore almost completely all about work so it was important to bring a better balance to things and make being around friends and family a primary focus.........

I have an interview early next week for a Project Management/Implementation Consultant position with a company that would be pretty interesting. Hopefully all goes well, but even if I don't find them to be a good fit for what I'm looking for, something else will be coming in the near future.......

I am un-retiring..............horray.......lol.......
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
Post edited by brettw22 on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    Congrats.

19 months off sounds fantastic.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2008
    Slacker

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008
    About time you lazy ****! ;)

Good luck with the job search. Hurry up so you can put in for vacation to attend Polk Fest! :D

John
    No excuses!
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited February 2008
    Brett serious question here....did you take some classes in SLC to get your head on straight? Or was SLC just a move you made to be closer to family?

BTW- congrat on un-retiring....you moving back to AZ?
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    Nice thing about that area is the have an ordinance against that crap he listens to. That's enough to de-stress you right there.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • brettw22
    edited February 2008
    I don't need classes to get my head straight.....lol......

The SLC move was because I was irritated at myself for basically doing whatever was good for the company when it really had little to no benefit to myself. I have several friends and family here and had lived here for 7 years before I went to Phoenix for 7, and then IL for 2.

When I left the company back in '06, I spent Christmas here (in UT) with family and friends and had fun........and the ridiculous part was that I had a moment where I basically realized that i hadn't been happy for several years (which admittedly was my own fault for letting myself get to that point). Rather than stay in Chicago (which I was only there for the job that ended up being over at the 1 year mark of my being there *12 years total with the company*), I decided to put more balance into things and make friends/family/happiness more of a priority. That wasn't going to happen in a place that I was only in because of a job that I was no longer with.
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited February 2008
    Congrats on going back to work! It is always nice having that time off sometimes to get things back in order and get your priorities straight for what you want to accomplish personally in life, and not just professionally. Hopefully this new job works out to be something you enjoy while being profitable.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2008
    Good luck with the interview next week.. we're all rooting for ya!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited February 2008
    Good luck with your job interview, Brett. I am confident you will get it.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    Congrats with reconfiguring your priorities, & good luck with the interview Brett!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2008
    Good luck on the interview! Glad to hear your coming out of retirement. But sheesh, +1 on the slacker comment ;)
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • brettw22
    edited February 2008
    I know the slacker comment is only thrown out of jealousy for having 19 wonderful stress and work free months at my disposal.........lol........
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    Good luck.

New opportunities make a world of difference on your mental state!

That much vacation though? I go stir crazy after 4 days!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
    Best of luck on the interview Brett
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited February 2008
    brettw22 wrote: »
    I don't need classes to get my head straight.....lol......

The SLC move was because I was irritated at myself for basically doing whatever was good for the company when it really had little to no benefit to myself. I have several friends and family here and had lived here for 7 years before I went to Phoenix for 7, and then IL for 2.

When I left the company back in '06, I spent Christmas here (in UT) with family and friends and had fun........and the ridiculous part was that I had a moment where I basically realized that i hadn't been happy for several years (which admittedly was my own fault for letting myself get to that point). Rather than stay in Chicago (which I was only there for the job that ended up being over at the 1 year mark of my being there *12 years total with the company*), I decided to put more balance into things and make friends/family/happiness more of a priority. That wasn't going to happen in a place that I was only in because of a job that I was no longer with.

Ok I see. Only reason I asked is because SLC is one of the largest cities for self help groups. My sister in law and her friend have gone there for classes. They have tried to include me in it, but it sounds a little to sketchy for me.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited February 2008
    Don't worry Brett, someone is bound to hire you.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited February 2008
    Congrats....I guess! I've been happily retired for 2 yrs now and seem to find plenty to keep me busy. You won't have to move again will you?
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited February 2008
    Good luck.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • brettw22
    edited February 2008
    I'm not moving again for a job unless it's for a big promotion........lateral moves (in both regards) are a thing of the past..............
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2008
    Good luck Brett, you won't believe how much you miss work!!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited February 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    About time you lazy ****! ;)

Took the words right outta my keyboard.....LOL
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2008
    I hope my head never gets so f!cked up that I feel like I have to un-retire and go back to work. That sounds terrible.

Brett, I didn't know you were a mess man.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    So, what you're trying to say is .... they're running you out of Utah ?

Good luck with your job search, until then .... it's all good.
    Sal Palooza
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2008
    good luck to you bro.

RT1
  • brettw22
    edited March 2008
    Interview tomorrow and I get knocked on my **** with the 24/48 hour flu........

I was at 97 degrees earlier, but steadily getting back to normal, but still feel achey and ****.........

Would it look bad to reschedule if I'm not going to be 100% tomorrow?
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    That's a hard call Brett. I had a third interview with a company where I was up interviewing with the executive management team and I had an awful stomach virus. So I toughed it out and went and while there was sweating and in obvious lower bowel distress. I didn't get the job because "I should have rescheduled so that I wouldn't infect the rest of the team."
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2008
    Agree with Joe. I think they would appreciate it far more for you to ask them for a reschedule rather than risk infecting them with your bug.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • brettw22
    edited March 2008
    I'm 10x better today than I was last night........I'm just hoping that in the next 18 hours, I can be mostly done with this sick thing......my sisters and brother in law had it and were pretty much done with it in a day and a half.........
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    Only losers get sick.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • brettw22
    edited March 2008
    That include broken limbs too, ****?

I just sent off an email to the recruiter to see if he could set up a phone interview tomorrow, with an in person meeting for later in the week. At least that lets them see I am interested in the job, but not wanting to risk getting anyone else sick..............

I'll see what he has to say in the morning i suppose.........