Thumbs Up!

treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,982
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
So I'm working today, all is well and I go to take out a 4' x 8' x 3/4" piece of plywood out of the trailer and what happens? I had grabbed the top of the plywood and lifted it up [it was leaning on it's side] so I could get a hold of the bottom and simply slide it out. Of course luck would have it that during transport, the load shifted a little and "pinched" this particular piece of wood. Soooooo, I give it a little more effort.

Next thing you know, it finally gives and I'm able to pull it out rather quickly until the top of the trailer reminds me that it's still there. It seemed to give me a message via my poor ol' thumb. :eek:

So, my thumbnail is now at an angle. I have a new fingerprint as the top 1/8" layer of skin is now trying to fuse back together with the skin under layer and it's a kaleidescope of black, blue, purple, blood and puss color. I would post pics.......but I don't think you want to see it. Hehe, I know how fast my heart is beating at any given moment know. How's THAT for cool?

All in all, not a bad day :D How was your day?
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
Post edited by treitz3 on

Comments

• bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited February 2008
    sometimes the bear gets you
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2008
    Ouch Tom! Sorry to hear about that!

I drove home from Michigan (400 miles). I saw a lot of snow covered farmland under the gray skies. Winter sucks!
    Carl

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2008
    Sorry to hear bro, heal fast, beer helps making the rest of you numb, like your thumb.

Had a great day myself, off work by 1pm and spent about 3 hours doing the first phase of construction for a new front patio cover. I love building stuff, should have this pretty much done by tomorrow.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited February 2008
    If you use your thumb to press the power button on you system then I feel real bad for you.
  • treitz3
    edited February 2008
    Haha! I'm in luck 'cause I keep my rig on 24/7. :D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    Pics or it didn't happen. ;)
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
    Sorry to hear that. Jack Daniels helps the pain go away.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2008
    the ladies are going to love that new hook, start working on a new move to take advantage.

RT1
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2008
    I agree with Bagged. I'm calling BS till I see some pics.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited February 2008
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    I agree with Bagged. I'm calling BS till I see some pics.

You guys are sick....................But,I'm right there with ya.:D
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    Sorry about your luck. You can look forward to that thumb becoming a kaleidesope for the next few months. And a few fingernails.
    I had a thumb CRUSHED between 2x1/2" steel plates while rebuilding some laundry steam presses off of the U.S.S. Nimitz. Just about passed out.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2008
    ThisThreadisUseless.jpg
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    Congrats! Glad it was only your thumb.

A buddy of mine got his middle finger stuck in a metal door. Luckily his side of the door had most of his finger. Let me see if I can find the pic.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    i took my dad's advice about not wearing steel toe boots when i was working with him. Ended up crushing my big toe and the nail never grew back the same, :(
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    There's some fatherly advice for you. ;)

Mythbusters did an episode about the myth that you can cut off your toes with a steel-toed boot. BUSTED. You can drop a semi on those things and you're way better off WITH steel-toes than without.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited February 2008
    Sorry to hear. Pain remind us we are still alive.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2008
    You piker, I had a jagged, rusty, dull, tripoled bayonet shoved slowly into my pancreas and then ground slowly in cirlcles until the tears in my eyes turned to blood. At the same time my wife tells me I was chewing on the rug.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    All you need is a little kerosene, a wire bush and some duct tape.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • treitz3
    edited March 2008
    No pics as of now, but to update......I have no thumbnail whatsoever except for squeezeable [like Charmin] "something" in place of a nail. Pretty gross and painful as hell when it grazes across something. No luck attaching the skin for my thumb print back on, it fell off 5 or 6 days ago. I've never seen so much puss in my life!

Try zipping up your zipper and buttoning your pants with no thumb. :D

Let alone grab a mug of beer. That's the worst part of it all........:eek:
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    Please tell us you've been to the doctor since this happened, right?
    They probably can't do anything, but they can monitor it for infection.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2008
    Yuck. Please go see a doctor and get some of these:

nails.jpg

I hope it gets better.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • treitz3
    edited March 2008
    Haven't seen a doc yet, it's healing quite fine. I'm no stranger to body abuse throughout the years. You should see my middle finger [no joke]. A 10,00lb plate hit it and split the tip of it and chipped the tip of the bone. THAT hurt worse than this! No, I don't have pic's, but I'll be glad to show it to you. :D

10 guesses as to what the words were that came out of mouth when this happened.........................one of you can get it? [I think] :p

Hint: Two simple words, one of which was a curse word. :eek:
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited March 2008
    Hint: Two simple words, one of which was a curse word

"Oh F**k"
    "G*d Dammit"
    "Oh S**t"

Am I close? :D The last one is what I was saying as I hit the ground when I broke my collarbone :D
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • treitz3
    edited March 2008
    "Fu(k me!", loudly might I add. Only those coming to the NC Polkfest will get the pleasure to witness the thumb. :p:D