electrical question..

AdamRagland
AdamRagland Posts: 521
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
i purchased the panamax 5300 a while ago and just moved into a new house where it is being hooked up for the first time. i have noticed over the last month in the house that the voltage meter on the panny gives me very unsteady readings. anywhere from 117-125. seems like everytime i look at it the voltage is different. should this be of concern? i thought stable power was a must. someone smarter please help me out here:)
Post edited by AdamRagland on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Of course ideally you want stable voltage but you are well within the threshold and you have nothing to worry about.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    I thought the point of the Panamax was to take those fluctuations and even them out?

Apparently I don't understand line conditioners.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    117 is not low at all.

If you want consistent voltage all the time you'll need a UPS.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited February 2008
    The fluctuations are within the acceptible range. Not that big of a deal. If it jumps over or dips below the acceptible range, then the 5300 should correct it.

I think the A/C generator models will keep you at a fairly steady 120v. Also keep in mind that the meters may be showing you the input voltage, not the output voltage.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I thought the point of the Panamax was to take those fluctuations and even them out?
    They just condition what it is sent. A power supply and voltage regulator will give you the constant.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited February 2008
    ah ok thanks for the input..