Wishing everyone a good day!

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Well, for some reason I haven't been sleeping well lately and last night was no exception. I ended up waking up way too early for work so I warmed up the tubes and put on my only copy of Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon. Not in very good condition at all, the cracks and pops are there but I don't care, I don't have anything better right now to replace it. I just sat back and relaxed in my listening chair and listened to the whole album. Talk about a relaxing way to start the day.

Today is going to be a busy, but great day. Hope you all have the same....minus the busy part. :D
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2008
    I've been up since two o'clock my friend. I believe I have a couple of decent copies of DSOTM. I'll look them up and get one to you. I've got to get some more tests this morning. I'm starting to look like a pin cushion.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited February 2008
    Could'nt sleep myself...Wife and son are,so no tunes for me...But,looking forward to a great day myself...thanks.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited February 2008
    UUGGHh, I have yet to even go to bed yet. I am sitting here at work listening to yahoo launchcast (Scorpions- Still Loving You right now). I only have 2,481 ratings until I hit the addict level. But I am orientating a gal tonight. Been orientating her for the past month. Tonights her last night, so I guess I have to start working again next week!

Thanks for letting us know what you are up to Bagged...and have a good day fellas!
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    Here's hoping all you insomniacs have a good day & don't fall asleep at the wrong time.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    I have the opposite problem, I can't sleep less than 10 hours. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008
    OMG, you'd think the whole world was ending today with all this Starbucks news about shutting stores and cutting staff. Oh no, what will people do without their Starbucks??? Is this the end of days? Is the Book of Revelations coming true? Did Nostradamus foresee this horrific event? Is this a plot by Al Qaida to target and destroy our caffeine intake, thus making us all sleepy then invading as we sleep?

Eff StarSucks Coffee!

Bagged, nice way to start the day my man! I haven't listened to my Hybrid SACD of DSOTM since putting my SDA rig into basement storage back about a year ago. I do miss it and won't listen to it until the SDA rig is once again back in business....in a home I plan to purchase in the near future.
    No excuses!
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2008
    I've been up since two o'clock my friend. I believe I have a couple of decent copies of DSOTM. I'll look them up and get one to you. I've got to get some more tests this morning. I'm starting to look like a pin cushion.

I've been there.:(
    When I was getting out of the Army it was three weeks straight of tests between them and the VA.....They took so much blood the third day I passed out in the chair. They were trying to understand how someone my age could have the blood pressure I did and beyond my feet, knee, back and hands, not have anything else going on internally....The funny part is by blood pressure is normal now, 8 months later..Guess stress can drive that sucker way up there, huh?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    What a day, what a day. Super busy/stressful in the morning. Then I went to lunch with a nice co-op student I work with and finished the day off nice and quiet.

Till tomorrow!
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited February 2008
    "Good day I say" (Fez on That 70's Show)
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    What a day, what a day. Super busy/stressful in the morning. Then I went to lunch with a nice co-op student I work with and finished the day off nice and quiet.

Till tomorrow!

Is she hot?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    Is she hot?

Hot enough for me! :p

Today was exciting.....with no training on Server 2003, SQL 2000, SQL 2005, I managed to move some databases from a Windows NT server using SQL 2000 to Windows Server 2003 using SQL 2005 and restoring all the users on each one without a hitch....in just a matter of a couple hours. Thank god for microsft tech sheets. :D

Then I got to relax and have a nice lunch. There is another kid that hits on her and she keeps rejecting him, she said atleast 8-10 times now for going out to lunch. First try I got a yes and off we went. :p
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    Hot enough for me! :p

Then I got to relax and have a nice lunch. There is another kid that hits on her and she keeps rejecting him, she said atleast 8-10 times now for going out to lunch. First try I got a yes and off we went. :p

Good deal! Just don't be too pushy or needy.

• BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    Good deal! Just don't be too pushy or needy.

Hah, I just met her last wednesday and to get to go out to lunch with her in a week is pretty good in my book. I have a pretty high failure rating so we'll see.
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    I'd get at least two more lunches with her before going for a dinner or a movie.

• BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    I'd get at least two more lunches with her before going for a dinner or a movie.

Eh i'm not sure if it will get that far. Gonna try and keep this one as an "on the clock" one. There are many advantages to being one of three people with a key to a noisy server room that has no windows.

jk
  • noimposse
    noimposse Posts: 264
    edited February 2008
    What exactly do you do Bagged?

(No sarcasm, actually curious).
    Ghetto Rig
    Power: HK AVR245.
    Screen: LG 24" 1080p.
    Speaks: Rti4.
    Source: PC. PS3. Xbox360.
    Cables: BlueJeans. Monoprice.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    noimposse wrote: »
    What exactly do you do Bagged?

(No sarcasm, actually curious).

Work in IT services for end user systems. I.E. Employee desktop computers, lab computers, etc. Hardware and software. Not certified/authorized to work on servers, but sometimes it happens.
  • noimposse
    noimposse Posts: 264
    edited February 2008
    How'd you manage to get into something like that?

I ask because graduation is coming up pretty quick and I need to know where I should be looking if at all possible.
    Ghetto Rig
    Power: HK AVR245.
    Screen: LG 24" 1080p.
    Speaks: Rti4.
    Source: PC. PS3. Xbox360.
    Cables: BlueJeans. Monoprice.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    Ask her if she takes cash.

Women like men who are direct and assertive.
    Sal Palooza
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008

LOL!!!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008

How do you think i found her in the first place? :p
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    Then be sure to ask for the "Frequent Flyer" discount.

..we do....
    Sal Palooza
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited February 2008
    Yeah I passed out around 3 am myself. Stayed up on conference calls with stateside co-workers.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580