You can get really nice Toasters at Walmart...

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,574
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Digital... stainless steel... quad toast...

35 dolla.

That is all.

Goodnight
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    Man, thank God I didn't go right to bed after I got out of work !!!

I'll shower up real quick, and head for the 24-hour Walmart before these things sell out !!!

I can only hope !!!!

:rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited February 2008
    I just warmed up some pop tarts...

I am not use to all this new fancy technology in Toasters...

My pop tarts are pleasantly burnt!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited February 2008
    do they sell tweeters

someone tell dave and aaron to take me to the new hooters in katy.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2008
    You could use those amps like skillets, and cook up some real food. Flapjacks?
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • mulveling
    mulveling Posts: 505
    edited February 2008
    How many Watts from that there toaster? Sure you got enough headroom for your needs? :D
    Tannoy Dimension TD10, SOTA Star Sapphire, Heathkit W4A's, McIntosh MC2100, Eddie-Current Zana Deux, Singlepower SDS, Sennheiser HD650, Audio-Technica L3000, Sony Qualia 010
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2008
    Why are you worried about specs? They mean nothing at the end of the day. Trust your tongue, that's what I say. It's all about the texture and taste, not the watts or time to toast (TTT) for you inbreds.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,845
    edited February 2008
    mulveling wrote: »
    How many Watts from that there toaster? Sure you got enough headroom for your needs? :D

why you can upgrade to the model that cooks your egg at the same time as your toast....whodathought........

these are great times were in livin bros........
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited February 2008
    Should shelled out the extra cash for the toaster oven, it dominates the toaster in just about every way.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    Just about every way except, ironically, for making toast. NOthing beats an old-fashioned pop-up toaster when toasting bread.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2008
    Toasters are so passe, toaster ovens are for real men.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited February 2008
    Thank God, I'm am so tired of "analog" toast.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2008
    wallstreet wrote: »
    Toasters are so passe, toaster ovens are for real men.

I'm gonna have to pull your man-card for a week, the words "oven" and "man" should never be used in the same sentence. :D
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    Don't forget to change the power cable: a good aftermarket cable adds a much fuller taste...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Don't forget to change the power cable: a good aftermarket cable adds a much fuller taste...

for the last time, cables dont make a difference!:p:p
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • edbert
    edited February 2008
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to pull your man-card for a week, the words "oven" and "man" should never be used in the same sentence. :D

Have you ever used the toaster oven? It is made for the man! You don't have to preheat it, just turn it on and it's ready to go. You don't have to fiddle with the knobs, make sure the temperature is just right before you start cooking. Just stick it in and you're in business!:D
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2008
    Well I had to go get one for myself. Man this thing is nice. I've already added one mod to the unit before I even plugged it in. I cut a piece of aluminun foil and neatly fit it into the crumb tray. I'll post pics of the project when time allows.

Here it is in all its glory. It only takes a few minutes to get up to operating temps.

Chuck.

tt49.jpg
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2008
    edbert wrote: »
    You don't have to preheat it, just turn it on and it's ready to go. You don't have to fiddle with the knobs, make sure the temperature is just right before you start cooking. Just stick it in and you're in business!:D

Thats how i like my women!
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2008
    edbert wrote: »
    Have you ever used the toaster oven? It is made for the man! You don't have to preheat it, just turn it on and it's ready to go. You don't have to fiddle with the knobs, make sure the temperature is just right before you start cooking. Just stick it in and you're in business!:D

I'm too late, you've already been assimilated....:D
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2008
    I wonder if an aftermarket power cord would make it toast more evenly? Hmmm...
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
    I heard that there is a good tweak that they do over the phone that browns the toast even better.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I wonder if an aftermarket power cord would make it toast more evenly? Hmmm...

Only if you get a really good one. The $40 ones don't make enough difference to notice, you need to spend at least $300 to see the real benifit! :o
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    Stop spreading misinformation Russ!

Your tongue is very fickle & only thinks that it is tasting something different. In other words it is the placebo effect that all humans are subject to.

The only way to know for sure is to do a scientifically proven double blind taste test. That will absolutely ensure & confirm that there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between a Pop Tart browned in Sid's super duper toaster and one browned in your run of the mill Toaster!

There is no need & you should not want to spend extra money on the super duper toaster. You will simply be throwing money away by being fooled by your inaccurate tongue!
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Why are you worried about specs? They mean nothing at the end of the day. Trust your tongue, that's what I say. It's all about the texture and taste, not the watts or time to toast (TTT) for you inbreds.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    Walmart sucks.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2008
    Walmart doesn't suck, but they have vacuum cleaners that do :)
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2008
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Stop spreading misinformation Russ!

Yeah yeah yeah, and I bet you only use at least 200w or higher models?

I'm sending my toaster to Jesse to upgrade the caps.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2008
    There is NO WAY I'm buying a toaster in the next 6 months. They are supposed to come out with new version 2.0 software in July. After beta testing is over and prices come down, I'm gonna grab one.

That is, unless you already have one with multiple analog burner outs or one of the top of the line models with ethernet upgradability.

Russman - go bunson gold caps, heard the black ones are a little too analytical. I'd upgrade the crossovers as well.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • edbert
    edited February 2008
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    There is NO WAY I'm buying a toaster in the next 6 months. They are supposed to come out with new version 2.0 software in July. After beta testing is over and prices come down, I'm gonna grab one.

That is, unless you already have one with multiple analog burner outs or one of the top of the line models with ethernet upgradability.

Russman - go bunson gold caps, heard the black ones are a little too analytical. I'd upgrade the crossovers as well.

Andy, this is the toaster for you. Clicky.

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    Really, with these toaster format wars, no one wins. Ovens vs. conventional toasters, it's all a big scam to fleece the consumer. The industry is making us do their testing for them.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    Spikes for better isolation?
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2008
    I'm going to wait at least 6 mos before moving to a new toaster format. I really hope the price of bread comes down also. If the price of bread doesn't come down then I have to question whether toasted bread is really better than standard bread.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC