Kicking around a new expanded category!

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
How about two categories under 2 channel. One for digital and one for vinyl. There is so much to cover when it comes to vinyl and almost as much when you come to tweaking out digitial.

Anyone agree?
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited February 2008
    Vinyl is such an ancient relic that only former hippies can appreciate it.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2008
    Turn in your pony tail!
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2008
    This is similar to what I suggested before, and was promptly told to get bent, although it was slightly more polite than that...
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    Rather than call it Vinyl and Digital why not Analog and Digital?
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2008
    Bill who told you to get bent?; that was totally inappropriate. **** I'm starting to smell like an old molding piece of foot cheese.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    What's vinyl? Isn't that what they side houses with?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    Joe is already bent...or I would tell him to get that way!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    How about a category for 1 channel (mono) ?

So of us are still working witha Close-N-Play, you know.
    Sal Palooza
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    How about a category for 1 channel (mono) ?

So of us are still working witha Close-N-Play, you know.

Madmax would be down with that!

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49713
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2008
    Bill who told you to get bent?; that was totally inappropriate. **** I'm starting to smell like an old molding piece of foot cheese.

It was more like promptly called silly since there is already a 2 channel area that covers everything......I don't know if the part about it being a sub forum like you suggested was fully understood, but f$%k it. I still think it would be nice to have a FAQ for a lot of setup issues people have, such as something showing how to hook up an external amp to the pre-outs on your receiver, or other basic hookup issues...I know Polk doesn't make components, but if they can't get hooked up right, they can't listen to the damn speakers anyway, right? I know a lot of hook-up stuff is new to us, but having something where new guys can go and get answers is a lot better in my mind than having 15 threads a month about the same thing.
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited February 2008
    There are only three topics that have any new posts in the two channel area today. Do you really think we need to split it up into two parts? Seems unnecessary to me.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited February 2008
    I don't necessarily see the need for a new category, but like the idea on a sub category, or even some stickies, with a focus on analog FAQ's. IMO the better resource this site is, the more traffic it gets, more exposure for Polk, etc etc. I know I find myself going to AK or Audio Circle looking for answers to vinyl questions, rather then posting here and weeding through the "vinyl sucks" posts for the answer.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco