Gunman on my campus

Serendipity
Serendipity Posts: 6,975
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
So - I was told midway through my Calc class today that we had to evacuate due to a gunman on campus and I was really scared. So everybody just panicked and ran out of the classroom...

Left the class and ran to a friend's dorm where I stayed for the past few hours and saw this all over the news (TV). The good thing is, I am okay, so for all you Long Islanders who heard this on the news I'd like to let you all know that I am safe.
polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
polkaudio DSWPro550WI
polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
Post edited by Serendipity on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2008
    Scary stuff. Keep your head down.
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2008
    From FoxNews.com:
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• Serendipity
    edited February 2008
    Apparently everything is okay now though...
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2008
    Obviously now anyone dressed in all black is labelled a threat? Johnny Cash would be so proud of how far society has come.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2008
    dkg999 wrote: »
    Obviously now anyone dressed in all black is labelled a threat? Johnny Cash would be so proud of how far society has come.

Well, I just spoke to a friend who was in the cafeteria during the time the incident happened and he was quite terrified.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited February 2008
    In my day, the only weapon we carried on campus was a sharp #2 pencil on test day. What the hell happened to our young people?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2008
    Early B. wrote: »
    In my day, the only weapon we carried on campus was a sharp #2 pencil on test day. What the hell happened to our young people?

I don't know, who in their right mind would take out a gun in the middle of a crowded cafeteria?
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, the hippie campus bombings in the 60s never happened, like the man landing on the moon. :rolleyes:
  • vonnie123
    vonnie123 Posts: 326
    edited February 2008
    It's the instant fame that comes with doing something horribly wrong. If the event wasn't glorified in the media, this fashion of violence might cease. Mass violence turns a nobody into a bad and famous somebody.
    [
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2008
    vonnie123 wrote: »
    It's the instant fame that comes with doing something horribly wrong. If the event wasn't glorified in the media, this fashion of violence might cease. Mass violence turns a nobody into a bad and famous somebody.

Yeah, this was all over the news.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1